Help

Second Grade

Demo lesson

>

bellax14

Demo lesson
Old 02-03-2018, 05:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi all .. I have a demo lesson this week, and I need help! I am being asked to demo a lesson on opinion writing. She would like to see my lesson geared towards 1st/ 2nd grade writing. Any ideas/tips? Thanks in advance!

bellax14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Keltikmom

Opinionwriting
Old 02-03-2018, 06:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Write a letter to the P about something they really like about the school, or something they would like.

It has to have a good opening sentence such as "the best thing about our school" or "have you ever considered", backed up by 4 or 5 facts, with a good closing "this is why our school is so great" or " I would appreciate your consideration".
Keltikmom is offline   Reply With Quote

potter403

Old 02-08-2018, 03:20 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I just saw. Maybe it's not too late. I always find kids write when it is near and dear to their heart. We always start with in my opinion the best pet is... or the best dessert is...
I use a very generic graphic organizer with a topic sentence bar on top and a closing sentence bar on the bottom with 3 boxes in the middle. Sorry I still don't know how to attach things.I model with a different topic and then they work independently. Believe it or notany of my kids do not the word opinion. Also the previous post had good examples of beginning and ending sentences. Good luck. Sorry if I'm too late.
potter403 is offline   Reply With Quote