Help

Fourth Grade

Building a Rapport

>

coconutgrl11

Building a Rapport
Old 02-09-2018, 11:36 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am moving back up to fourth next year! I am super excited, but was wondering the best way to build a good rapport with the class. I tend to be very strict. How do I go about doing this, but still keep up good classroom management?

coconutgrl11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Linda/OH

Rapport
Old 02-11-2018, 04:39 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I really think it's all about getting to know each other. Then respect and understanding can follow.

At the beginning of the year lots of getting to know you activities. Things like Find Someone Who... There are games and printout s of this.
I do parts of the Responsive Classroom, especially morning meeting. It's a great way to greet one another and share something about ourselves. My fourth graders even bring in personal items( collection s, cards, stuffed toys, slime they've made). We know who has pets and annoying brothers and sisters

You can also do Interesting Surveys. I teach reading so mine is specifically about reading interests and habits.

Journal entries are one other source of learning about students so that you can reach them .
Linda/OH is online now   Reply With Quote