Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Myrtle Beach in April?

>

Munchkins

Myrtle Beach in April?
Old 03-06-2018, 03:57 AM

Hi! DH and I are thinking of going there for a few days during spring break. Is it beach weather? DH wants to golf, but I was wondering what else there was to do.

TIA!

Munchkins is offline   Reply With Quote

NJ Teacher

Brookgreen Gardens
Old 03-06-2018, 05:24 AM

We loved Brookgreen Gardens. It is just outside of Myrtle Beach. We got Groupons for the admission. Admission covers two days. There are lots of gardens and outdoor sculptures to enjoy,and a zoo. My favorites though, were the optional admission boat tour that took you through what was a rice plantation and explained the life back then, and the optional jeep tour to an old slave and colonial cemetery. There also is a walkway that has narrated tapes about a slave's life back then with overlooks so you can imagine the period. We also paid the optional admission to a small butterfly conservatory there. Across the street is Huntington Beach State Park. There are some ruins to tour there and also a nice beach. We went to the nature center there, too. For shopping, we went to Barefoot Landing, which has some nice shops and restaurants and nightlife. I rode the SkyWheel on the beach at Myrtle, which is a big ferris wheel open at night and during the day. Finally, you are not that far from Charleston, so if you get bored in Myrtle or it isn't the greatest beach weather or it rains, you can also head down there. Lots to see and do down there for sure! Enjoy your trip!
NJ Teacher is online now   Reply With Quote

maxwell

Myrtle Beach
Old 03-06-2018, 07:50 AM

DH and I just spent the month of February there. We had 5 great days in bathing suits on the beach. Loved it. We have been there in April and had great weather.

You should go online and look at the Alabama Theater or Carolina Opera. Their shows are good and sometimes have entertainers. Check out Barefoot Landing, Broadway on the Beach, and Market Commons. There are 2 Tangar Outlets.

Have fun
maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote

ICrazyTeach

Old 03-06-2018, 08:22 AM

My parents love to go that time of year. They sit on the balcony and walk the beach ( usually with long pants and jackets).
ICrazyTeach is offline   Reply With Quote

Munchkins

Thanks!
Old 03-06-2018, 04:46 PM

Thank you for the ideas of what to do- I think we'll go for it!

Munchkins is offline   Reply With Quote