Acknowledgements - ProTeacher Community

shewis07

Acknowledgements
Old 08-05-2008, 08:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I found a previous thread with this same question, but didn't find an answer. . .

When and how do you use the acknowledgements that they have on the origins website?

subway92

subway92

can you post a link?
Old 08-08-2008, 06:08 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I've been to the origins website many times but where exactly are the acknowledgements that you are talking about? I think I may be using them in my RC room but maybe just go by another name. Do you have a link?

cntryheart

acknowledgements
Old 08-08-2008, 05:22 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

You will find soem acknowledgements at the bottom of this page

http://www.originsonline.org/rc_classroom.php

AddieJ

thanks for sharing!
Old 08-08-2008, 11:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Thanks for sharing those acknowledgements! The cheers remind me of the ones I use from dr. jean's website:
http://www.drjean.org/html/monthly_a.../06_2004a.html
These are great for when students so something fantastic - we pick a new cheer to learn at morning meeting time everyday and then if the group or an individual do something during the day worth recognizing, the whole group does the cheer of the day. After we've done them all, we can just pick any card from the pocket or the children can choose their favorite.
I looked over the list of acknowleddements and loved them all but I currently don't use many of them. I'll try to incorporate them this year, probably much in the same way we do the cheers.

Maybe the "pretzel" could be used at the end of the day - announce at the beg of the day that everyone should look for a classmate through out the day who does a good deed or has a quality they admire or whatever the qualification is. Then get together at the end of the day for an "acknowledgement ceremony."

I just love new team building activities - thanks again!