Activities/Ideas for Fall/Harvest Party - ProTeacher Community

wgirl

Activities/Ideas for Fall/Harvest Party
Old 09-23-2008, 04:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Can anyone pass along some ideas/centers/activities you use for a fall/harvest party for Pre-K (4 year olds)? This is my first year teaching Pre-K, and I'm looking for some fun ideas/activities that I can plan with my room parents.

Thanks!

wgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

DanaJoy

fall party
Old 09-24-2008, 11:41 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

You might want to put a pumpkin or two out with the tops removed and have the kids pull out the seeds. Some will only do it with gloves on. Later I soak the seeds and then bake them for the kids to eat on another day. You can estimate/count the seeds, talk about the senses used during the activity, etc. The kids can make placemats with fall colored paper and decorate with stickers, or their own drawings. They can be laminated for use at snack time or at home. We have also made thankful trees: foam tree with foam leaves and you write some things they are thankful for on the leaves. You can also use paper instead of foam.
DanaJoy is offline   Reply With Quote

wgirl

Thanks for the fall ideas!
Old 09-24-2008, 02:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thanks for the great ideas! I especially like the fall placemats, they would be fun to make and to use during snack time.

anaola

leaf collage placemats
Old 09-24-2008, 03:27 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

we do leaf placemats every year for fall. we take the students for a walk around our building, which has a lot of trees. each student has their own bag to collect different color and shape leaves. in the class the children arrange the leaves on a large construction paper. we laminate them and use them for our parties. the children love to use their handmade placemats and show them to their families.
anaola is offline   Reply With Quote

TonaBear

Covered Apples
Old 09-24-2008, 04:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I have 9 4-year olds.... one thing that we are going to do is make "covered apples" I am going to get things like melted chocolate, carmel and some toppings...sprinkles white chocolate shavings. Let the children decorate the apples and then I will use one of the apple cutters and slice the apples. I went to the store and purchase the "take-out" containers. I will place the apples in the boxes for the kids to take home.

I am also doing easy science projects all week with a "spooky" theme. Disappearing colors, dry ice bubbles (when the bubbles pop they turn to smoke) ghost ice, and slime.

I just love Halloween.

TonaBear is offline   Reply With Quote

rolltidegirl

mini-apples
Old 09-24-2008, 09:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

This was featured in Family Fun (I believe) recently. Take granny smith apples and use a very sharp melon baller to carve out little round balls of apple. Then dip it into caramel, melted white or regular chocolate and then dip them into various toppings (coconut, sprinkles, chocolate sprinkles, raisins, etc.) Place on wax paper & let cool. Serve when ready to eat.

I thought I could carve out the apples and then let the kids dip & decorate them the morning of our party. That way they would be ready to eat by snacktime. Just an idea...
rolltidegirl is offline   Reply With Quote

wgirl

Analola- Question Leaf Placemats
Old 09-25-2008, 04:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I really like the idea of the students going on a walk and collecting their own leaves to make a leaf placement. Do you have the students glue down their leaves on the construction paper before you laminate it?

Thanks!

anaola

glueing
Old 09-25-2008, 05:27 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

yes, i usually do the gluing part during centers or small group so the kids don't go too crazy with the glue! let the glue dry over night before laminating.
anaola is offline   Reply With Quote

wgirl

Anaola
Old 09-25-2008, 06:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

Thanks for the great idea and answering my question so quickly!

lizapest

Old 09-26-2008, 12:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

We used Mac Tac (clear sticky shelf paper) for the kids to make their placemats. Its less messy than glue, and sometimes the leaves are too bumpy for our laminator. (we only have a small desktop one)
lizapest is offline   Reply With Quote

I have 4 kids

Fall ideas
Old 09-30-2008, 05:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

This is my first year teaching preschool, but I taught kindergarten last year. Fall is my favorite time of the year. I like to do a whole lesson on apples and then on pumpkins. For the apple activities we do apple tasting, graphing, apple prints, counting the seeds, and to end our apple celebration we make applesauce. The studnets love to cut up the apples and measure the items to go into the crockpot. For the pumpkins we measure how round, tall the pumpkin is and how many pounds. We pull the guts out, clean and count the seeds, bake the seeds, carve the pumpkin, we then measure our bodies height and weight. We then make pumpkin bread and pie to end our celebration
I have 4 kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Gues

Gues

Fall Craft
Old 10-10-2008, 09:57 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

I recently found a cute fall craft that we will be trying at our babysitting fundraiser tonight at our church. Of course, it's a bit messy so you would have to be willing to to get a little messy. The kids have their arm and hand painted with brown paint and then put it on paper with their fingers spread open to look like a tree. Then for the tree leaves they dip their fingertips in the different colors of red, orange, green and yellow. It looks really cute! I've never seen anything like it before. They can also color green grass at the bottom of the tree and decorate it with flowers depending on the time you have. Good Luck
Shaharzad

Shaharzad

Science projects
Old 10-17-2008, 11:34 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

I like your ideas on the science projects. Did you find them in a book that you liked?

Can you explain how you did one of your favorites? Thanks so much.