Treats for students - ProTeacher Community

pinkpoodle

Treats for students
Old 10-25-2008, 11:09 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am a student teacher and I have about a month in a half before I leave my class to go on winter vacation. Each year I like to bring in a little inexpensive treat for the students for the holidays. Does any one have any good for an inexpensive gift?

pinkpoodle is offline   Reply With Quote

filochica

Old 10-25-2008, 12:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

What about a cute pencil with a holiday theme or cute design? Maybe a cute eraser that is shaped like an animal, smiley face, etc.
filochica is offline   Reply With Quote

Learn4Life146

Treat bags
Old 10-26-2008, 05:50 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

You could make a little treat bag and put some goodies in it. I did that for my Kindergarten students when I left my first placement. They absolutely loved it. I got a pack of cellophane bags with a cute design on them from the Dollar Tree, put in a decorative pencil, two or three erasers, some stickers, and a pack of fruit snacks. I also had a coupon for a free treat at a restaurant. Each bag filled with goodies may have cost me less than 50 cents, so that's not even $10 for 20 students.
Learn4Life146 is offline   Reply With Quote

MissC83

feeling crafty?
Old 10-26-2008, 10:14 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I made my kids bookmarks. I bought some cheap, cute material and cut it into bookmark sized strips, then glued it to posterboard. Then I wrote a little message on the posterboard side...something about "KEEP READING! I'll miss you!" (I also put my picture on this side since I got like 20 for free from picture day...what else was I going to do with them?!) Then I laminated the bookmarks. Last step was writing each child's name on the fabric side with puff paint.

My kids loooved their bookmarks. They liked that the fabric matched their interests (sports, animals, princess, etc) and they liked that they each got a special message from me.

It's cheap. It's crafty. It's useable. :-D That's my kind of gift! haha
MissC83 is offline   Reply With Quote

pinkpoodle

Thanks!
Old 10-27-2008, 02:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Thank you all for the great ideas these ideas will help me when putting together a end of the semester treat for my students!

pinkpoodle is offline   Reply With Quote

hockey14

Snow theme!
Old 10-29-2008, 06:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Last year before I left for winter break, I gave each of the students "Smartees" candies and a pencil with a winter theme. It's not too creative but the students loved them!
hockey14 is offline   Reply With Quote