Praxis II - ProTeacher Community

Froggy

Praxis II
Old 07-23-2007, 04:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello everyone. I am so glad to see this area. I don't know when this section started....apparently I never scrolled down far enough! I am getting ready to take the praxis II for my esl certification in two weeks - any words of wisdom? Thanks! After I get past it, I will have lots of questions for all you experts! I will be teaching half-day ESL, ie. pull-out. We have no curriculum...and I will be the only ESL teacher in the district. Good thing I'll only have approximately 30 kids in my district!

Thanks in advance!

Froggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Carolyn

Hi, Froggy
Old 08-06-2007, 09:36 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Hi, Froggy,

I'm feeling the calling for ESL, and once I pass the Praxis, I, too, can teach it. I will be taking the Praxis and never have before for ESL, but my words of wisdom include studying for the test. I passed the Spanish Praxis and the Elementary, and on both occasions I bought the official Praxis guides to help me. We will be able to order a guide from Amazon. Check it out.

My other thought includes moving as quickly as possible through the test. Don't let the hard questions bog you down. Write a quick answer, then go back once you're finished to double-check your answer. They don't give you a lot of time to do the test, so you have to move a lot faster than you'd like to.

Good luck for both of us!
Carolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Hanner

Hanner

ESL Praxis II?
Old 09-16-2008, 03:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I am currently in an ESL Initial Licensure/ Masters program and I have been told there is no such thing as an ESL Praxis II so I don't need to take Praxis II or the VRA. I only need to take the VCLA. Is this true?? I called the VA State Board and got confirmation... so what is Froggy talking about??

fl-teacher

It depends on the state
Old 09-16-2008, 03:58 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I originally went to college and taught in MS. Where the Praxis II was required for EVERYTHING! To get your masters in education in Mississippi you don't have to take the GRE as long as you have taken and passed the Praxis II.
I am, however, now in Florida where the Praxis II is not used at all.
fl-teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
esl newbie

esl newbie

any info on esl career switch program for VA
Old 11-10-2008, 01:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I am getting ready to take the VCLA test in 10 days to enter a ESL certification/initial licensure program. Anyone want to share their experience? With test/program?

Thanks!