RTI-Math Universal Screening Assessment - ProTeacher Community

cloneykitty

RTI-Math Universal Screening Assessment
Old 11-06-2008, 03:30 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Good Morning-What does your school use for a Math Universal Screening Assessment for RTI purposes? I'm on our districts K-12 Assessment comm. I've been researching these assessments on the web, but decided to ask here. I've requested info on AimsWeb, Star Assessment, Vmath, and PinPoint. Is the assessment you use quick and easy?? Does it assess more than computation? So many things to consider.....Thank you for any information.

cloneykitty is offline   Reply With Quote

kay/5

AIMSWeb
Old 11-06-2008, 06:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

We use aimsweb as our universal screening assessment. It does only assess computation but when I was at a RTI training the presenter mentioned a test for math that does assess problem solving. I think it is made by a company called ProEd (or something like that). We implemented RTI several years ago and we're still really only focusing on Reading. It's frustrating because most of the materials you will find deal with Reading interventions. I haven't found many for math interventions.
kay/5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Hideeho

Old 11-09-2008, 12:07 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I am the intervention teacher for our district's 5th grade. My directive was to focus on math.

The psychologists at our school told me about AimsWeb as a universal screener for math, and they also had the materials.

Yes, it is easy to administer the probes. They are not necessarily quick to grade. Each digit in the answer must be graded.

Check out http://www.interventioncentral.com for behavior, reading, AND math RtI information. This is a great site.
Hideeho is offline   Reply With Quote

award182

Steep
Old 11-16-2008, 05:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

is the intervention tool that I am implementing this year. It is fairly easy to administer and then it gives you explicit small group lesson plans. I think this will be beneficial because I have tried everything I know to help some students that just don't have any number sense.
award182 is offline   Reply With Quote