Need ideas for a BoxTops for Education board - ProTeacher Community

JenniferR

JenniferR

Need ideas for a BoxTops for Education board
Old 08-14-2006, 06:06 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi there! I am on the PTA board at our Elementary School and I am also the chairperson for our BoxTops program. We use the money from BoxTops for our Hands-On Science program. Does anyone have any ideas for a fun, exciting, catchy bulletin board? I get the board in the cafeteria where all of the children will see it everyday. Parents too. I really want something fun and exciting so that they will also know how vital this program is to our school's science program (aside from literature that I will be sending home).

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Jennifer

NCP

Race Track
Old 08-14-2006, 06:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I don't know if this is what your looking for, but our PTO is doing a race track theme to show the individual classes progress. They made a curvy race track with "mile markers" (box top amounts) and each teacher has a race car sticker that they will move along the track each month. It looks like it will be a cute motivator.
NCP is offline   Reply With Quote
JenniferR

JenniferR

Old 08-14-2006, 06:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thank you! That is a great idea!

I don't mean to knock anyone, but last year's coordinator just did a chart with the amounts each month and it was pretty boring. I want something FUN! This sounds great!

Any other ideas from anyone?

arteacher6th

Hmm...
Old 08-16-2006, 03:14 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Do you want to focus on telling kids to bring in the tops or you want to make it seem fun and exciting by showing who's brought in the most?

Because you could put a mountain and Reaching the top with Boxtops. Each grade rather than teacher could have a path to the top of the mountain with a climber. THis would promote a cooperation within the grade levels and encourage students to work together as a grade.

You could do the same with whatever theme you like or could find at the teacher store or make if you are creative. I would also speak to the art teacher, they always seem to have great ideas and it would get others involved in the school.
arteacher6th is offline   Reply With Quote
Jennifer R

Jennifer R

Old 08-18-2006, 06:10 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Thank you!!!