Help

Future Teachers

Teaching Adults and Seniors

>

Lv_Griffindor

Teaching Adults and Seniors
Old 08-20-2018, 09:00 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Does anyone teach adult learning, or senior citizens?

I'm considering a later in life career / side job of teaching seniors or older adults about technology. My experience is wide reaching from smart phones to e readers, home computers, social media, home voice technology. I have experience mainly as a user though.

In the past I have prepared a presentation and given a couple of talks to a group I am in about how to use Facebook effectively and safely.

I have also led girl scout troops, and assisted as they created presentation about digital awareness.

Lv_Griffindor is offline   Reply With Quote

lisa53

Old 08-22-2018, 07:15 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Lots of senior centers around here have classes like that. The bad news for you, if you are thinking of a second career or side job, is that they are often run by volunteers.

Fact is, it’s becoming less and less common for seniors to need help with technology. Almost anyone I know under the age of 75 or 80 is pretty competent with it. Not sure how old you are or how much later in your life you are thinking...but I think the time will come fairly soon.when the job of teaching seniors technology is obsolete.
lisa53 is offline   Reply With Quote