Help

Future Teachers

My First Evaluation: 86%

>

kmcma

My First Evaluation: 86%
Old 09-28-2018, 08:48 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I just received my grade for my Clinical Practice Evaluation #1 and I scored an 86%. I am not sure if this should be confidential information, but I want to be honest about my grade. As a student teacher who is new to the field of education, are we expected to score an "A" on our first evaluation? Is this a score that will hurt me in the long run when schools look at my portfolio? I know now what I need to do during my next evaluation to improve, but should I be concerned about a "B" on my first evaluation? Also, it demolished my grade in my course. I went from a 100% to 94% which seems kind of ridiculous to me. I am a student teacher who is still learning about the profession. It wouldn't be conducive for me to be considered a "distinguished" student teacher (that's what you're considered if you score an A), right? If you're "distinguished" off of the rip, what room do you have to grow?

kmcma is offline   Reply With Quote

NHSecondary

First observation grade
Old 09-28-2018, 04:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I think 86% is fantastic! I just had mine today as well. When schools are hiring I don't think they take your first grade as concrete. They know it was your first time and you will improve. My teacher advisor told me not to think of these as grades but as learning progressions.

Cindy
NHSecondary is offline   Reply With Quote

teacherwannab

Same Boat
Old 10-02-2018, 02:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I have just finished my third evaluation today. My first two were both in the mid 80's. (I can't remember off the top of my head). I completely agree with your concern, but I feel that with other evaluations down the road, you'll be fine. We aren't perfect and we are still learning, for sure. It does seem hard, but no system is perfect either. It's just something we have to accept. I'm also glad to read that I'm not alone either. We can do this! That's what I keep telling myself. I would love to know how you do on your next evaluation and see your growth! Keep a positive attitude and good luck!!
teacherwannab is offline   Reply With Quote