Help

Retired Teachers

Finally, after almost 30 yrs, I may be a

>

Summerwillcom

Finally, after almost 30 yrs, I may be a
Old 10-21-2018, 01:06 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

member of this group next school yr. I am beyond thrilled!!!I came here for any advice on retirement that you all can give me.
I was just told to get my ducks in a row. I have been trying for the last few yrs. I am debt free and have my house pd off and new car pd off too.
I got an offer for next yr that I can't write on this board. ( Maybe I can next yr...lol)
It would be kind of hard to even believe ( I didn't believe it at 1st...lol)
It is only a 1 yr option, but it would be the easiest job I can even imagine.
I am not sure what I am going to do yet. Just knowing this can be my last yr is soooooooooooo exciting to me!

Summerwillcom is offline   Reply With Quote

amiga13

Old 10-21-2018, 03:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Congratulations! I am thrilled for you and look forward to hearing about your next steps. My advice is to really enjoy every moment of your last year then walk away.

About your other post, I LOVE retirement more than I could have imagined. There’s no way I could have remodeled like I did while working. Retirement is the BEST for being able to take care of business and still have plenty of time for fun and relaxation. Hooray for you!
amiga13 is online now   Reply With Quote

Summerwillcom

Thanks, Amiga!
Old 10-21-2018, 04:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I am beyond happy! I have class like no other this yr.....Not in a good way either! So, boy, this makes it easier to get through.
I will enjoy the last of everything I do not like..lol Like duty, paperwork, inmates running the asylum, etc.
It is so bad that this yr, I enjoy PD's. ( The kids are off the wall)
I believe you 100%. I am so far behind in every day things that I procrastinate now at home. I can't wait to be energized once again to "take care of business", and have fun w/ retired friends.
I maybe can even enjoy things like this is the last time the kid cusses me out and gets a Popsicle for remembering not to kick me!
HOORAY!!! is so right on!

TheTrunch

I'm happy for you
Old 10-21-2018, 05:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Okay though, Your popsicle kid story is outrageous!!! I'm trying to think of how I might use that.
TheTrunch is offline   Reply With Quote

travelingfar

Retirement
Old 10-22-2018, 01:16 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

That is wonderful news. Will you be retiring at the end of this year or going into a one year position for next year and then retiring?

travelingfar is offline   Reply With Quote

bobcat

Summerwillcome
Old 10-22-2018, 10:36 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Good for you! I am in the first year of retirement. My hubby and I started getting our ducks in a row a few years ago and last year I was in your shoes. I enjoyed the last of everything and went out loving it instead of being stressed. Whenever admin put another thing on the plate, I did the best I could and said if they want me to do more, that's all I have! What can they do, fire me? I miss the kids and my co workers but I love this new freedom! My house is clean and organized! I'm starting hobbies I never had time for over the years! I'm finally living in the moment instead of always thinking/ worrying about next weeks lessons. Enjoy this year as you count down to your next journey!!!
bobcat is offline   Reply With Quote

anansi

Old 10-22-2018, 04:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Sounds as if you have an amazing future ahead of you. Great job getting those pesky ducks in a row, paying off debt, etc. You are clearly a planner and accomplisher. Retirement awaits. You will love it! Keep us in the loop as you decide, announce, and retire. We're here to celebrate with you.
anansi is offline   Reply With Quote

Ruby tunes

Retirement
Old 10-22-2018, 06:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Is wonderful, and it sounds like you've planned well, but don't forget to include health insurance in your planning, too. Will your district cover you until Medicare kicks in?
Ruby tunes is offline   Reply With Quote

BioAdoptMom3

Old 10-22-2018, 07:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I am thrilled for you! It sounds like you have given this a lot of thought. I hope it works out and you are able to join us here next year (well, you can hang out now too)!

Nancy
BioAdoptMom3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Summerwillcom

Trunch and Traveling
Old 10-26-2018, 05:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

Trunch- I am pretty sure I know what you are thinking to do w/ the Popsicle.

Traveling- I am not sure. I can retire the end of this school year. I still have not fully made up my mind.
I was so stunned when he told me about next yr that I did not even answer w/ a yes or no.) He just told me to think about how much I'd like it and that he would make it happen. ( To let him know...)
He can fill it very easily if I don't take it.

Summerwillcom

Bobcat
Old 10-26-2018, 05:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

That is good advice and easy to follow....You are right! They aren't going to fire me and I am just going to enjoy as much as I can despite the 2nd to most bonkers class ever!
My house is driving me crazy. I like stuff clean, but I haven't been able to keep it up. I can't wait to have time to make it nice again. After summer, I started slacking. Thank you and you can bet I am enjoying the countdown majorly!!

Summerwillcom

anansi and Ruby
Old 10-26-2018, 06:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

Anansi- Thank you so much! I was not always good with finances, but when I realized I wanted to retire someone got me motivated. ( They gave me Dave Ramsey kit.)
I never followed it exactly like he says, but I did snowball the debt and it was amazing how it worked and gave me time to save some money too. ( It is sad to say, but that was maybe 7-8 yrs ago that I wanted to retire. I have made the best out of those yrs though that I could.
You are soooo right. I know I will love it.... I will def keep you guys in the loop. Celebrate we will!!!!
Ruby Tunes- Insurance is the 1 part that could kick me in the butt as I won't be eligible for Medicare. I will have to pay for the SD plan and it is expensive. I think I can, I think I can.....

Summerwillcom

BioAdopt mom/ Nancy
Old 10-26-2018, 06:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

I am thrilled too.I have def given it a lot of thought for the last 8 yrs.........
I just could not afford to do it.
I can't wait to use my real name too w/ no fear of reprisals. Our admin is extreme about social media.

The freedom to say anything I want to anyone is a skill I have swept to the side after this last P. ( Not in a mean way, but as in some suggestions and trying not to complain too much.)

Sorry it took so long to reply. I have to force myself not to use the computer on wkdays for this site. My house and life would be a total disaster if I got on here during the week! Now it is just a minor mess. Candy to all!!!