Anyone with a SPED credential not get a job? - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Special Education

Anyone with a SPED credential not get a job?

>

DisTeach1

Anyone with a SPED credential not get a job?
Old 01-01-2006, 03:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am going to take next year off from teaching full-time. We are going to foster/adopt a baby, and I am going to finish my SPED credential. Does anyone think it will be hard to re-enter the system or try to get in the district of my choice? I do not have tenure yet.

DisTeach1 is offline   Reply With Quote

speeder1

Old 01-01-2006, 03:46 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Congratulations on expanding your family, we are waiting for a placement to adopt a child.

I don't think you will have any porblems re-entering the system. I am in southeast Oklahoma and don't know of one Spec. Ed. Teacher that does not have a job that wanted one. I was contacted by schools that I did not even apply with. I received one call from a principal begging me to take their job, eventhough I told him I had already signed a contract. Then I was asked if I knew anyone who might be interested in the position because they were desperate. I don't think you will have any problems finding a position when you are ready to go back. Good Luck.
speeder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Florida

Florida

Old 01-04-2006, 10:14 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I don't think you'll have a problem at all. In Florida there is even financial aid available for those seeking credentialing in special ed because it is a "critical shortage" area.

Tounces

special ed
Old 01-04-2006, 11:02 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

It depends on where you live and how big the school district is. I'm licensed Special Ed. too. In some areas where there are surpluses of teachers and budget cuts it's tougher. Most places it shouldn't be a problem. If you were looking for regular ed. it would be though.
Tounces is offline   Reply With Quote
Courageous B

Courageous B

Query about Florida
Old 03-08-2006, 06:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Really? Would you know if its possible to be given a temporary certificate from Florida since I am from the Philippines? I have applied for a temporary certificate to work as a SPED teacher there.