Help

Substitute Teachers

AESOP User License Agreement??

>

NJSubteacher

AESOP User License Agreement??
Old 08-01-2013, 02:54 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

When signing into AeSOP this morning, it automatically prompted me to accept an annual user license requirement. The print was so small, I couldn't even read it on my phone, so I just clicked on "Accept". What the heck is that? Wouldn't the school districts be the ones accepting a user license agreement with them since they are the ones who contract with aesop? What did I just agree to?

NJSubteacher is offline   Reply With Quote

wat_wacer

wat_wacer

Old 08-01-2013, 04:47 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

For some reason the forum would not let me log in... Anyway, it basically says you can't use any thing (program or what ever) to auto refresh nor accept jobs, just human interaction. It then says you can't sue them for any reason and it goes on to describe every possible reason under the Sun that you can't sue them for. It is basically the same as last year. I would imagine if you email them and ask for a copy they would email it to you.

Mercury

Computer
Old 08-01-2013, 08:14 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

When you get on a computer google 'Aesop user agreement'. I'm sure it's posted online somewhere.

Curious...what kind of phone do you have that you can't zoom in/out on the text?
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote

NJSubteacher

Old 08-01-2013, 08:32 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I have the Iphone 4. However, this user agreement was a pop up within the main screen, so I couldn't zoom in the pop up. I just googled it and I was only able to find a 2010 agreement. It basically is just asking us to promise NOT to use an automated software that will ACCEPT jobs by itself and a bunch of other mumble jumbo. I believe everyone will be asked to accept this agreement once per year.
NJSubteacher is offline   Reply With Quote

subczy

accepted
Old 08-01-2013, 08:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I accepted ours. The print wasn't tiny but basically if you have a negative experience in ANY way EVER it releases the school and them from you making a claim. Of course, like my attorney says - they can force you to sign whatever they want and we can STILL sue them if we want. lol All I can see is if you get banned or fired or the system goes down and you do'nt have it written down for back up and you lose money due to it. Oh, and it ingeniously makes you AGREE that you are a temporary employee - once again making sure you don't get unemployment.

subczy is offline   Reply With Quote

Mercury

Settings
Old 08-02-2013, 08:25 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I recently got a 5 but I used to have an iPhone 4. I could zoom in on pop-ups...if I recall correctly you just need to change your zoom settings. It's under Settings, then General, then Accessability, then Zoom, then change it there.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote

Vlad

Aesop User End License Agreement
Old 08-06-2013, 01:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Thanks so much for posting this!
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote

2strike

auto refresh
Old 08-09-2013, 11:33 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

This seems to cause confusion every year. Yes, you can auto refresh (check4change and others), but not more often than every 60 seconds. Read the agreement.

No, you can't use a program that automatically accepts jobs.

Yes, you can manually refresh as often as you want. However, Aesop will only show you a refreshed page once per minute. If you refresh faster than that you will get a "cache" page, which is the same one that you just saw. Try it ... look at the bottom of the Aesop page.
2strike is offline   Reply With Quote