Help

Substitute Teachers

I can't believe it!

>

mysterybird

I can't believe it!
Old 08-14-2013, 03:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

After posting the teacher job there were only three applicants. Two of them were not bilingual so they didn't qualify, and because the school wants to have more than one option they are opening the job up again.
This is highly surprising as there are so many qualified bi-lingual teachers looking for work. This school is a small country school without all the big city problems. So I am more than happy to keep subbing until they find a teacher.
The class I'm teaching is dual immersion so I have two different groups of kids, which keeps it interesting.
I thought they would have a problem choosing from all the hundreds of teachers who want a job, and they only had three...
I don't get it... It's such a great opportunity! Maybe people just do not want to relocate, I'm guessing. I know when I was looking for my dream job I would have moved anywhere.

mysterybird is offline   Reply With Quote

mooba1

Old 08-15-2013, 08:43 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

That is very, very surprising. Oh well, enjoy the job security you have!
mooba1 is offline   Reply With Quote

grav_def

Old 08-15-2013, 08:48 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Quote:
This is highly surprising as there are so many qualified bi-lingual teachers looking for work
Are there, though? Just anecdotally, I know many monolingual teachers who are looking for work (or bilingual in the wrong language, or bilingual in the right language but without the paper from the state saying so...), but everyone I know who is Spanish-certified is snapped up pretty much instantly. My district--which is in a big city--keeps a Spanish immersion applicant pool posting up pretty much year-round.

But anyway, I'm glad it's working out for you! Are you not applying to stay on permanently because of the bilingualism, or because you'd rather sub, or...?
grav_def is offline   Reply With Quote

mysterybird

I'd Rather just be a sub.
Old 08-15-2013, 08:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I have a few other interests that I would prefer to pursue. I sub to help pay the bills. I wish I could just follow my dreams, but alas my car payment etc... needs to be paid.
I also like the freedom subbing provides. If there is a day I can't work, I don't.
mysterybird is offline   Reply With Quote