Substitute Teachers

School starts next week :)

>

Vlad

School starts next week :)
Old 08-26-2013, 04:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi everyone,

I hope you are all enjoying the summer, and if you are my American friends, that you are enjoying the start of the schoolyear.

The schoolyear starts next week on Tuesday where I live, though it will be an inservice day, so in actuality the first possible day I will be able to come in will be next Wednesday.

All of the school divisions I work for (except the private schools) are now on Aesop, and SubAssistant has been working nicely... I already have 4 full days for September, and it hasn't even started yet.

Looking forward to jumping into things again!

How has your first week been?

Take care and all the best,
Vlad

Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote

cpenner

Same here!
Old 08-27-2013, 07:14 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Teachers go back Tuesday and students Wednesday here too!... I however do not have any jobs lined up as of yet. BUT (assuming I don't get one of the last minute jobs I've applied for) I'm looking forward to some time off in September (I'm also looking forward to getting back in a classroom though).

Hope everyone (teachers and substitutes) has a great school year!
cpenner is offline   Reply With Quote

Super Sub

I've been a busy girl
Old 08-27-2013, 08:30 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

School started her on the 14th. One school I go to had a recess monitor quit so they called me. I filled in there for the first 5 days of school. I worked the 22nd floating for meetings. I worked the 23rd in 5th grade. I worked yesterday for ISS. Can you believe it? A 3rd grader got himself suspended on the 8th day of school! Oh well, I got paid to sit and read my book and give mean looks. So far nothing else booked yet for the rest of the week. I've got 5 days booked for next month and one day held for someone. It's been a busy start to the year. I'm glad though. No paycheck all summer was starting to make things tight.
Super Sub is offline   Reply With Quote

momandsub

Old 08-27-2013, 08:59 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

We start back tomorrow my first day is Thursday. I will be working 4 days a week as a sub para, until they can hire someone. It is only half-days but better than nothing at this point and I like the school. I would apply for the job, but I finally got a small bump in pay and still make more subbing.
momandsub is offline   Reply With Quote

LynneLC

Today was the first day
Old 08-27-2013, 11:25 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Today was the first day of school here and I was disappointed not to get any calls. I worked last year and the year before on the first day, and in some previous years, I got calls for the first day but wasn't available for one reason or another. I do have jobs lined up for Thursday and Friday. They are half with one teacher and half with another -- a total of 4 teachers all together, between Kindergarten and second grade. That might make me miss the days of no calls. Lol! Hope everyone has a great year.

LynneLC is offline   Reply With Quote