Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

ARCHIVE

Preschool visitors to Kindergarten

>

ily

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

We are having a day this year where next years children come in two groups for an hour and a half and our kids stay home. This is our first year so we are not sure what we are doing, probably keep it simple, songs and stories, some type of craft or drawing project and then time in the centers but not sure.

ily is online now   Reply With Quote

mkr

Preschool visitors to Kindergarten
Old 03-26-2006, 03:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

My private school has just decided to have a "cute" program/activity for the Kindergarten Open House at the end of April.

I'm having a mental block and would appreciate some ideas.

Thanks,

Need Sunshine!
mkr is offline   Reply With Quote

PattiMSKteacher

our open house day
Old 03-28-2006, 08:27 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

My public school does the same thing, we ha dours this past Friday. The new littles come in during our center time to each room, I usually plan 4 fun independant centers so when they come in MY kids can keep working, but I can stop and talk to them. They wander the room a bit, I let them dig through the treasure chest. They stay about 5 mins max. It is really great they love to see it.

Our kids love when they come in, they always ask, who is that, and I say those people will be in kindergarten, and then MY kids ask well, where are we going?? Even though we've been preaching first grade for a month now, they don't get it that their time is ending. they also like to see the kids they knew in daycare/preschool last year.

OURS don't participate in centers. You could have a color page, puzzles, letter sorts...make something they would known something about.
PattiMSKteacher is offline   Reply With Quote

brigita

Old 04-05-2006, 06:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Do you mean a song to perform? How about teaching them De Colores and have the kids sway colorful streamers, flowers, and chickens to parts of the song? I did that last year in April and it was beautiful!
brigita is offline   Reply With Quote