Help

ARCHIVE

Losing it with Lucy

>

lovetoteach

Lucy Calkin
Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

The Lucy Calkin Writing Program is based on units of study. It has Unit books that go along with it that give mini lessons for the unit being studies. The set also has a CD with many valuable resources on it. It has the paper that you use for each unit. I love the program because it is so well organized.
Our county has instructors who come from NYC and Columbia University to lead workshops. Probably the only thing that I miss is the creative writing element. Lucy Calkin focuses on writing about real events in the lives of the children. I am trying to work in creative or make-believe writing opportunities through center time.
I think that you will like the Lucy Calkin writing program.

lovetoteach is offline   Reply With Quote

lovetoteach

Lucy Calkin
Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

The Lucy Calkin Writing Program is based on units of study. It has Unit books that go along with it that give mini lessons for the unit being studies. The set also has a CD with many valuable resources on it. It has the paper that you use for each unit. I love the program because it is so well organized.
Our county has instructors who come from NYC and Columbia University to lead workshops. Probably the only thing that I miss is the creative writing element. Lucy Calkin focuses on writing about real events in the lives of the children. I am trying to work in creative or make-believe writing opportunities through center time.
I think that you will like the Lucy Calkin writing program.

Launching Writers Workshop
Small Moments
Authors as Mentors
Poetry
Non-fiction (How-To Books and All About Books)
Revising and Editing
lovetoteach is offline   Reply With Quote

teachnva

Lucy
Old 04-08-2006, 08:56 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Are you referring to the Lucy Calkins writing program? I have received some information about this program & was considering it for next school year. What are your thoughts? Thanks
teachnva is offline   Reply With Quote