Help

ARCHIVE

New Position

>

Mishellee99

New Position
Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hey everyone! I wanted to update you on my situation. As you know, my contract was not going to be renewed this past Friday at the board meeting. I decided to go ahead and resign effective the last day of school being June 9th (teacher workday). I figured why collect the unemployment, when I really don't need the money since I still live at home. As for my new position, I am very upset about it. I have been working my butt off getting materials ready for last week, only to find out that I will not be working with the students until May. I just found that out at our staff meeting on Thursday. The superintendent told me he wanted me to start right away when we got back from spring break which was last Tuesday, and then 2 days later is when I found out oh no you will be starting in May. Last week I worked on scoring diagnostic tests for 2nd grade, and found out that I will not be working with 1st grade until probably mid May, because those students need to be tested, and I found out I will be the one giving the diagnostic tests to them. This week is Right to Read Week so the teachers will be busy with that, so I won't start at all until next week, if I'm lucky. Sorry to vent but what should I do about the rest of this week, since I will have nothing to do?! Should I maybe take a sick day to give myself a day off?

Mishellee99 is offline   Reply With Quote