ARCHIVE

Open House Project

>

Stephanie

Stephanie

Open House Project
Old 08-20-2005, 09:57 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have already been in school for 2 weeks. This Thursday is Open House when the parents come in and look at the students work and projects. I teach fifth grade and was wondering if anyone knows of a cute project I can do with them this week that they can show off to their parents at Open House. Thank you all so much! Stephanie

tkingdon

project
Old 09-01-2005, 06:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

What about a diamante poem about each child - they write it and you take a picture of them, they put the picture and poem together on construction paper and you can display them for parents.
tkingdon is offline   Reply With Quote

Maggie

Letter and Guess Who
Old 09-04-2005, 06:43 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I always have my students write a letter to their parents telling them what they've learned so far. They also include their favorite thing about their grade. I also have them tell their parents what they want them to see while they're visiting. Parents enjoy the letters and can see their child's writing ability for themself!
I also create sillhouettes of the students heads and then have them list clues under their outline about themselves. For example: I love apples. My favorite writer is J.K. Rowlings. I really dislike snakes. Who am I? Parents appreciate these even in 5th grade. It's a keepsake forever!
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote