The VENT

Resignation comments

>

NerdTeach

Resignation comments
Old 04-03-2018, 10:59 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

<<<deleted>>>

Last edited by NerdTeach; 04-04-2018 at 03:22 AM.. Reason: You're all right, I was being overly sensitive. =)
NerdTeach is offline   Reply With Quote

cheerio

Old 04-03-2018, 11:07 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I wouldn't let the student get to you. They have no idea what goes into teaching and planning.
cheerio is offline   Reply With Quote
Lumberman

Lumberman

Don't know #####
Old 04-03-2018, 11:21 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Regardless of what was said and how, don't pay any attention. As you probably know students are fickle. There are students who worship the ground you walk on only to stab you in the back the next day. They don't really make a good judge of what's good for them so don't take them seriously.

If the student was someone who is pretty reliable and I've had good rapport with, I might've said in jest how true it is! And probably steered the conversation to something about him and walked him to his next class if he had one. Otherwise I would had done what you did or commented right off "I'm gonna miss you too" when we know the truth of the matter.

Cassyree

Old 04-03-2018, 11:25 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I don't think the kid meant anything negative. Telling someone who's leaving that you bet they're counting down the days is pretty normal.

I'm sure you're leaving with some frustration for the job, but I don't think that comment was meant as any kind of put-down.

I'm sorry the profession is losing a good teacher. I read a few of your previous posts and understand why you feel another job makes the most sense right now.

I think sometimes we fall into the life we're meant to have. I hope that happens for you! Best of luck.
Cassyree is offline   Reply With Quote

MAsped

Old 04-03-2018, 12:06 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Why are you suddenly getting offended by one student's comments? I say "suddenly" because I'm sure in the length of your career, many students have said some kind of comments or another. I don't know your whole story of why you're ending, in which you may resent certain people, but who cares what a kid says?

I agree with the above posters. Kids don't know the full extent of anything teachers have to do...unless maybe if their parent is a teacher and explained to them everything they do.

I don't know the circumstances of your resignation (positive or negative). I'm assuming something that may not have gone according to how you want since you're ending earlier in the school yr, but good luck in whatever you do next.

Last edited by MAsped; 04-03-2018 at 12:36 PM..
MAsped is offline   Reply With Quote

Peaches Pears

Old 04-03-2018, 01:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

He was trying to make small talk.
Most kids would have just walked by as if you didn't even exist.

You really have done far more than is required.
Kids don't understand but the next teacher will appreciate your efforts.
Peaches Pears is offline   Reply With Quote