Help

The Job Search

Email to Principal Mistake

>

teacher122996

Email to Principal Mistake
Old 04-05-2018, 07:41 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have emailed a principal about future job openings at his school with my resume, cover letter, letters of recommendation, and my most recent teaching evaluation. The teaching evaluation that I sent did not send correctly- it only sent the 2nd page. When the principal replied that he would keep my info on file, I replied the following message:

"Mr._____,

Thank you for your reply and your willingness to keep and consider my information. I believe the teaching evaluation that I attached in my previous email did not send correctly. I believe I have fixed the problem and have re-attached it below.

Thank you again for your time,

__________"

Do you think this mistake will limit my chances of being hired at this school? Should I have not even re-sent the correct version and just left it how it was?I am so mad at myself that I let it send incorrectly.

Thanks for any input!

teacher122996 is offline   Reply With Quote

NerdTeach

Nbd
Old 04-05-2018, 08:32 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I think that how you reacted was perfect. It shows that you cared enough to fix it. Hope you get a job you love!
NerdTeach is offline   Reply With Quote

GraceKrispy

Old 04-05-2018, 04:46 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I think you're fine! I wouldn't worry about it. Good luck!
GraceKrispy is online now   Reply With Quote

Haley23

Old 04-05-2018, 05:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I wouldn't worry about it at all. Your response was perfect.

When I graduated, the job market in my home state was impossible (literally 6,000 people applying for one job), so I spent hours every day that summer filling out applications for jobs in multiple states.

I'd applied for what became my first job in the middle of the night when I couldn't sleep. When I applied for each new job, I just copied/pasted and made quick edits to my cover letter to slightly tailor it to that position. I later realized that in my cover letter, I'd gotten the name of the school wrong and said I wanted to apply for a different position that school didn't have an opening for .

I was really surprised when I got called for an interview, and then ended up being offered the job! I said something about it to my teammates when I started working and one of them laughed and said that the P was not a detail oriented person and probably didn't even read it .
Haley23 is offline   Reply With Quote

whd507

Old 05-18-2018, 06:57 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I have you beat. I sent an app from another District to one.... I corrected but I'm thinking I won't hear from him.... Who still does paper apps?

whd507 is offline   Reply With Quote