Help

The VENT

"They don't like me!"

>

Coopsgrammy

"They don't like me!"
Old 10-22-2018, 08:16 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

This seems to be an issue with fellow teachers this year. I saw this article and thought I'd share it.
https://www.ksl.com/article/46409114...oesnt-like-you

Coopsgrammy is offline   Reply With Quote

midwestread

I was just about to....
Old 10-22-2018, 10:05 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

post about this.

I ran into my own kiddo's school and dropped off some ibuprofen. The school health secretary was so NOT friendly!
I forgot about petty people. I'm not sure if it's a smaller town thing, a mostly middle class "white woman" thing? An exposure thing?
Because I have to say, in a large city, I don't get hardly any of this. At all. Also, almost every single African American woman has been 10xs nicer to many than any of the white women I've met professionally (and personally as well).
Shame on us, we wonder why we can't get ahead, we spend all of our time hating ourselves and being afraid of other women.
midwestread is offline   Reply With Quote

Mikhail

no matter what
Old 10-22-2018, 05:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I agree with what's on the article, hands down. In all honesty though, having the charisma, personality, and sound bite can get you anywhere. Call me shallow but it's how the real world works. Image matters.
Mikhail is offline   Reply With Quote
Spoofyone

Spoofyone

Timely artcle
Old 10-22-2018, 08:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Thanks, really needed to read article and read comments
For some reason one of the teachers I work with has been saying snide comments towards me. I think it because she has a lot of students with behavior, transition k, and is feeling frustrated. I teach resource with another teacher. She works closely with my partner. But bad mouthing me. I'm taken back. I was going to say something to the principal. But then decided to ignore her. She is bullying me!

EyeSeeTwo

Old 10-28-2018, 05:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I am now retired.

During my last year of teaching I finally told the teacher bully to fing back off and if she had a problem with me to be an adult and pull on her big girl panties and speak directly to me about her beef and to stop spreading crap filled lie sandwiches and to get her ass to recess duty on time.

Yep, that went over like a cat turd in a punch bowl at a wedding.

Got a stern talking to by the administrator for upsetting golden girl.

I nodded that I understood what she said and refrained from telling the admin what I truly wanted to say to her, and replied, I understand your concerns.

Got up out of my seat, left her office and cackled on my way back to my classroom.

I had to make it only five more months till the end of the year.

If I vented onto the admin my life would of been much more stressed, so I chose cackle like an old hag.

Each and every time that golden girl was late to relieve me from recess duty, I left on time.

Telling all the teachers who Ipassed on my way to the restroom GG is late, hope someone watches the play yard! It is rude to not show up at your duty spot.

After three days of this GG started showing up on time.

Petty? Maybe, but her showing up late forty days in a road meant I could not use the toilet before class.

Bullies need to be dealt with. How to do it depends on the circumstances.

I do not miss the teacher drama from my last school at all.

A friend still teaching at my former school recently told me that GG is still pulling the same crap and asked me how I dealt with her. She cracked up and said Eye See Two, in all my years of knowing you I have never heard you swear! That is not lady like! But I just might give it a try.

EyeSeeTwo is offline   Reply With Quote