Help

Teachers' Lounge

League games

>

nickelbackfan

League games
Old 01-12-2019, 04:19 AM

What is your opinion on this?

You pay $70 for your child to play in a league. A game gets cancelled due to weather. Is it appropriate to make it up? 8 games for $70, so itís pretty expensive when the game isnít made up.

nickelbackfan is offline   Reply With Quote

kahluablast

Old 01-12-2019, 05:20 AM

Hmmm. Do you pay for the league or the season? Either way, I would guess making it up is appropriate, but I can see how it would be difficult sometimes to get a day and time scheduled into already packed schedules.

My kids did gymnastics. If there was a meet and some sort of weather canceled it, they would have to make it up or refund people's money. Not exactly the same, but my perspective.
kahluablast is offline   Reply With Quote

teacherwriter

Old 01-12-2019, 08:36 AM

I don't know which sport you're talking about. In our basketball league, they do try to make up games when they're canceled for weather. So far, we've lost two games. One's been rescheduled; the other one is still pending. It makes sense that they'd try to make up the games; that way it's easier to figure out league standings and qualifying for playoffs. (FWIW, from my perspective, wish we paid only $70 for 8 games. This year we paid $140 for 8.)
teacherwriter is offline   Reply With Quote

Sbkangas5

Old 01-12-2019, 11:12 AM

First, I would kill to only pay $70 for 8 games! I'm a little jealous! My son's last tournament was, I think, $160 for 4 guaranteed games.

And yes, I'd expect it to be made up. Especially if it's a season where weather may be a factor. There should be a few open dates for make-ups factored in when scheduling.
Sbkangas5 is offline   Reply With Quote

BioAdoptMom3

Old 01-12-2019, 12:26 PM

All 3 of our kids were in rec baseball/softball and our DD also in travel ball. In rec we paid for the season and generally games were made up. Generally though that seemed to be for the rankings more than the money spent. In rec ball I never even thought about refunds if a game was not made up, but then I don't think we ever paid more than $35 per season for rec ball.

Nancy

BioAdoptMom3 is offline   Reply With Quote