Help

Special Education

buried under (plan) books...

>

meggo

buried under (plan) books...
Old 11-08-2005, 01:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I'm wondering how all of you keep track (as in planbooks) of your lesson plans for all your different groups/students. I'm finding it really hard this year, even though I have a lot fewer students than in the past. I basically have groups for reading/math. (1st & 2nd grade) Within those groups, I tend to have 2 levels of learners that I have an assistant help with. Now I have one new student with intensive needs, and since we don't have self-contained groups anymore, I have to plan is lessons in this format too. I don't want to sound like I'm complaining, because I'm not. I just wonder how to keep track of it all without a zillion different plan books! Currently, I have my main plan book for me, a planbook for my assistant, and another book for a specific student. As I get more students, this seems to be inefficient. Any ideas/experiences would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

meggo is offline   Reply With Quote

istoleahalo

computer
Old 11-09-2005, 04:43 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I do all my plans on the computer. That way I can make each block big enough, or small enough, and even color code and move them around if I need to. I just did it on a spreadsheet. I teach ESE so believe me, I know how confusing have many groups can get! If nothing else, the color-coding was a HUGE help!!
istoleahalo is offline   Reply With Quote

ejs

Lesson Plans
Old 11-09-2005, 07:22 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I usually do not use lesson plan books. I make my own lesson plan sheet on the computer. I use one page for one class each day and chunk the page depending on how many groups I have. This year I have three groups, so I chunk the page into three. I write each lesson for each group on the page and stick it in a three ring binder. This way I can keep all the group lesson plan in one central location. Usually half way through the year I have to start with a new binder beause it gets stuffed after awhile, but it helps me keep all the lesson plans for each group in the same place. Hope this helps!
ejs is offline   Reply With Quote