Sight WOrds That Stick

>

Closed Thread

Kennedy

Kennedy

Sight WOrds That Stick
Old 01-16-2006, 02:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Has anyone used the "Sight Words that Stick" Program? I recently found manuals/materials, but am having a hard time visualizing a lesson, and I'm hoping for tips/suggestions from someone who's used or observed it. I can not find any info out on the web about it!!

Thanks!!

m barone

m barone

sight words that stick
Old 09-26-2006, 07:10 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I used "sight words that stick" when I was student teaching in New York. I am actually looking for the materials. The teaching stores out here in Nevada don't know what they are, and I know they would help my students.
Each sight word comes with a cute little story that helps the students remember the word. You just introduce the word, read the story, and there's also a smaller take-home story that the kids get to keep. It's a great program, which I would love to get my hands on again.
Does anyone know where I might be able to locate the materials?
e-mail me at mjb123_2001@yahoo.com
Thanks!

P. Wolfe

P. Wolfe

sight words that stick
Old 09-30-2006, 09:29 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

check out www.carboreading.com. I think you can order all materials you might need from that company. I am getting ready to order vol. 1 after finding vol. 2 in a corner of our building. hope this helps.

Dragonlady

Old 09-07-2009, 03:53 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Just viewed nrsi.com. Like the books Sight Words That Stick. I have a little money left from teacher's choice and will buy these books to add to my collection. Thank you for the information.
CSDS

CSDS

sight words that stick
Old 09-20-2010, 05:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Is this program scientifically research-based?

Tanya Kai

Tanya Kai

Proven technique
Old 02-15-2012, 07:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

This method was developed over many years of working with special Ed and severely under average readers by a special
Ed reading teacher with a masters degree in reading. Janet Martin teaches in Abilene, Tx for over 25 years, and her contact info is above. I'm
Sure she would love to talk more about the method with you!