Help

Substitute Teachers

new teacher-question about long-term

>

Buttercream

new teacher-question about long-term
Old 07-13-2013, 05:27 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I recently graduated. I haven't had any success in finding a teaching job for next year. I did receive an e-mail yesterday from a principal wanting to talk about a long-term sub position as a resource teacher( August- October). I am certified in both special education/elementary education. What question should I ask? What do I need to know? I know the position is because the teacher will be on maternity leave. If I do accept the position can I back out if a get teaching offer later? Thanks for any advice.

Buttercream is offline   Reply With Quote

Dakotabooks

Take it
Old 07-13-2013, 12:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I'm pretty sure if you got a full time job later on in the summer you can get out of the long term subbing. That happens a lot. You aren't signing a contract so you are free to accept offers. I know sometimes around here a person will take a long term job and then right before school starts there will be an opening and you are at an advantage to fill that position. It's not hard to find long term subs so consider yourself lucky you are asked to do it.
Dakotabooks is offline   Reply With Quote

Buttercream

Old 07-13-2013, 12:24 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Oh , I'm definitely taking it ,if I' m offered the position. I was just wondering if there are things I should ask. I just graduated , so I haven't subbed before. I didn't apply for this, the prinicpal said she found my resume off the county site and wants to talk on Monday about it. Is there anything I should ask or questions I should prepare for? I'm nervous about the whole thing.
Buttercream is offline   Reply With Quote