Help

Primary Grades (K-2)

Reading Street Assessments

>

grtlaks

Reading Street Assessments
Old 08-27-2013, 01:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

For those of you using Reading Street. We are struggling with the assessments for Reading Street. The Baseline Test does not match up with the End of Year Assessments, so it doesn't really give us a way to assess what they have learned in a comparative manner. Does your school still use both? Do you assess and measure growth a different way? Thanks for any help you can give.

grtlaks is offline   Reply With Quote

jde3399

Do Not Use It
Old 08-29-2013, 01:57 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

My school adopted reading streets I think 5 years ago. We did full implementation of the program using everything that was given to us and it did not go well at all. After using the program for about 4 months, majority of the teachers said the program didn't really mesh well with what we needed. We use the stories from the reading series (out of order and some stories not at all) and we have created our own assessments that we use. We use a different assessments for the beginning, middle, and end of the year that is created through Interactive Achievement (which I believe is only in Virginia but not sure). Good Luck!
jde3399 is offline   Reply With Quote

TeacherMeg

We are like jde3399
Old 09-01-2013, 04:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

We do not use the assessment pieces either. You are right, they don't match up and we found that they are not a good measure to show what the students actually know. My district developed our own system wide assessments for beginning, middle, and end of the year. We also do not follow reading street exactly. We use the stories, but supplement a lot as well.
TeacherMeg is offline   Reply With Quote