Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Summer Projects

>

Ima Teacher

Summer Projects
Old 06-08-2019, 10:29 AM

Anyone have the summer project list underway?

I just started on mine today. We had PD for three days, plus we painted my classroom. Today Iím redoing the home office to be more of a craft room. It currently looks like a hot mess because Iím sorting everything.

Iíve got two weeks and one day of school-related activities and two days of jury duty to do this summer, and DH & I would like to take a short trip somewhere. School resumes August 1st.

Going to deep clean the house, mostly.

Ima Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

GreyhoundGirl

Old 06-08-2019, 10:38 AM

Iím currently teaching summer school and bunking at my parentsí house.

When I get home Iím bound and determined to clean out my basement and my 3rd bedroom (which is a nightmare). That was my goal last summer too...
GreyhoundGirl is online now   Reply With Quote

md2dkh3

Summer Project
Old 06-08-2019, 11:08 AM

I'm making a quilt for my daughter. I made my son a king size quilt last year and the year before I made my other daughter a queen size quilt. This is the year for DD to get hers. We go shopping tomorrow for the fabric. I'm excited.
md2dkh3 is online now   Reply With Quote

techgrad

Old 06-08-2019, 11:55 AM

I have a couple:
1. Sort and store all of my math stations
2. Print and create all classroom decor (new theme in about 7 years)
3. Become a pro at using the weed eater as an edger
4. Sew nap mats and small blankets for the twins next year.
techgrad is offline   Reply With Quote

amiga13

Old 06-08-2019, 12:04 PM

Even though Iím retired, I do! The new windows will be done next week (I hope) and Iíve been putting off so much as the project has overtaken my whole space.
*deal with my complete mess of a home (all the furniture has been moved and I hope I can get it back to how I loved it, it hasnít been thoroughly cleaned for 2+ weeks and the work has created a lot of dust)
*unpack and assemble brand new duvet and shams
*fill in my ďWhen Iím DeadĒ book
*have the balcony deck resealed
*get my new windows washed

amiga13 is online now   Reply With Quote

Paddlegurl

Old 06-08-2019, 12:05 PM

I still have 3 weeks of school, but I'm already planning what I would like to accomplish once I'm done:
-organize my basement storage where all my school stuff is shoved
-sort all of DD's clothes into what little brother can wear, and what will be handed down or sold
-a few sewing projects
-catch up on DD's scrapbook
-make thank you cards for new baby
-freezer meals for back to school and when new baby arrives
-plan for next year if I get a job before the end of the year

I just want to start all of it now but report cards and applications and interviews are kind of taking priority
Paddlegurl is offline   Reply With Quote

bookgeek59

Old 06-08-2019, 02:29 PM

-Every summer I purge clothes, shoes, accessories and straighten my closet and dresser.
-Paint the front and back doors.
-Get the attic insulation removed and replaced.
-Work with DH to better solidify a household budget and retirement plan. (I can retire first in about 6 years.)
-Finish prettying up our new dining room.
bookgeek59 is offline   Reply With Quote

pdxteacher

Old 06-08-2019, 03:09 PM

One more week of school for me, but here's the list I've got going:

- strip and stain the deck
- remain the front door
- find a new screen door
- replace closet panels/doors
- clean out office closets

We also started a "chore jar" for the stuff that isn't part of the regular cleaning routines, but also aren't big enough to go on the "project list" - does that make any sense at all? Basically, we wrote down a bunch of annoying chores that need to get done that neither of us want to do, and stuck the pieces of paper in a jar. M/W/F we're going to pull one out and get it done. Fun times for us.
pdxteacher is offline   Reply With Quote

2teach2

Old 06-08-2019, 09:12 PM

Since I'm teaching summer school, I feel like I can't really start my summer project list! In reality, though, I can do a lot since I get home from summer school at 1:00! Nothing too crazy this summer, just:
-wash windows outside (done) and blinds and windows inside
-deep clean each room (move furniture and vacuum under, clean out closets, etc.)
-remove all items from curio cabinets and china cabinet and wash items and cabinet shelves
-clean out garage cabinets
-have a garage sale to earn spending money for our beach trip

I also want to deep clean my 88-year-old Mom's house, too! I'm going to be a busy girl!
2teach2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Linda/OH

summer to do list
Old 06-09-2019, 02:34 AM

I love summer!
finish weeding and mulching landscaped beds
plant vegetables (been too rainy)
declutter-mostly closets
deep clean our bedroom
get ready for a new furnace installment
plan our vacation and then go!

Linda/OH is offline   Reply With Quote

teacherwriter

Old 06-09-2019, 02:44 AM

Cleaning. So. Much. Cleaning. My house is a wreck. Repeat after me: If I can clean at school, I can clean at home...

Exercise and diet. I don't think I gained any weight last year, but I sure didn't lose any either.

Continue organizing my units/lessons. Last year was my first at a new school, and I never really had time to organize. I just finished throwing away everyone else's leftover junk, so now I'm able to think about individual courses and units.

Enjoy my kids!
teacherwriter is online now   Reply With Quote

LazyLake

Old 06-09-2019, 06:11 AM

We have our list:
clean and re-waterproof the deck
wash outside of windows
clean blinds/wash inside of windows
go through clothing and donate what kids have outgrown/don't wear
clean out garage
purge any unused house items
LazyLake is offline   Reply With Quote

jazzer

Old 06-09-2019, 07:25 AM

My husband and I are in the process of fixing up our house so we can put it on the market. Then we have to wait until it is sold so we can buy a new one in our new city,

Right now all of my stuff is out of the house and I am staying at my parentís house. My husband is still at the mostly empty condo to help facilitate the renovations. I need to be at my parentís house to take care of the cats.

In July we will either be going to his sisterís house, or in a new condo if the owner of one we like selling without a realtor is willing to make a deal pending the sale of our home.

Besides teaching online in the early weekday mornings, I have pretty much had to put my life on hold until we have a permanent home.
jazzer is offline   Reply With Quote

suzyteach

Old 06-09-2019, 08:26 AM

I just finished repainting our large (!) bathroom vanity. The house is 25 years old, and there were scuff, a few black marks, and some dings on it. It was a big job, taking off 5 cabinet doors, then sanding, priming, sanding, and putting on 2 coats of enamel paint (sanding between coats) of those 5 doors, 4 drawers, and the cabinet box. Then I reinstalled the doors & drawers, bought new pulls for the doors to better match the color of the drawer pulls.

I might do the same to the slightly smaller 2nd bath once school gets out. At least I will fill in 2 holes from the old toilet paper holder and paint the side that faces the toilet.

I am going to go through garage storage and get rid of lots of stuff so we can get rid of the built in storage and I can park my car in the garage. Right now the storage only leaves room for 1 1/2 cars, and DH's car is electric and needs to be plugged in at night, so mine is always outside.
suzyteach is offline   Reply With Quote

jo

Amigal 13
Old 06-09-2019, 08:34 AM

Just was wondering: what is a "when I'm dead book?" This looks intriguing and I am curious. Thanks
jo is offline   Reply With Quote

OrganizedPup

Old 06-09-2019, 08:45 AM

I’m so fed up with doing school work every summer. It consumes me and the upkeep of my house suffers. So this summer my goal is to clean my house from top to bottom. I’m talking deep cleaning, purging, closets, junk drawers etc. It’s just DH, me, 2 dogs and a cat and l’m going to be honest here, I hate cleaning. Absolutely hate it. When I do clean it’s half-a$$ and just surface level. My goal for this summer was to create a daily cleaning schedule for myself with the hopes that once I get it started I’ll be able to maintain it when I go back to work.

My first couple days out of school I created a monthly calendar with tasks for each day and also included everyday tasks, semiannual tasks, and annual tasks. We were going out of town for the next couple of days but I was set to start my routine on June 1.

I have to say that I’m doing pretty awesome at cleaning this house right now AND I got my DH on board and he hates cleaning more than I do! We even hung pictures that have just been propped up against walls for “when we get to it”. I have one room, the office (which is a big task), left to tackle in this 2400 sq foot house. Oh, and my closet.

I’m feeling pretty confident that we can keep this going. My DH even woke up and tackled a couple of the things on the schedule today before I even got out of bed this morning!
OrganizedPup is offline   Reply With Quote