Help

BusyBoard

Is anyone a Google Certified teacher?

>

NoElephants

Is anyone a Google Certified teacher?
Old 08-08-2019, 04:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Would you recommend it and was it beneficial?

NoElephants is offline   Reply With Quote

GreyhoundGirl

Old 08-08-2019, 06:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I have my Levels 1 and 2 and passed the teacher test. I haven't applied for the trainer yet.

In my district you get nothing for it, but it has made me a better teacher.

I was hoping it would look good on resumes since I'm job hunting but apprently not.

If you decide to do it, do NOT get sucked into paying for classes. I did the free Google classes and they were great and all I needed. If you fail on the first try (and I did for level 2), it's not that big of a deal, just go back and review what they suggest and retake the test.

They give you 3 hours to take the test and you'll need every minute of it. Feel free to PM me if you have more questions.
GreyhoundGirl is online now   Reply With Quote

NoElephants

Old 08-08-2019, 06:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thanks, GG! Iím looking to become more proficient with all the tech tools Google has to offer.
NoElephants is offline   Reply With Quote

GreyhoundGirl

Old 08-08-2019, 07:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Then I’d recommend doing the google trainings. They’ll totally help, even if you don’t take the tests. Although, once you do the trainings, you might as well take the level 1 test.

https://teachercenter.withgoogle.com...ication_level1
GreyhoundGirl is online now   Reply With Quote

Ima Teacher

Old 08-08-2019, 08:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Our district did a big Google push two years ago. I wasnít chosen for the program, but did it on my own online. Took both tests.

Ironically, I was one of only three certified people in the district for a good year.

My kids are 1:1 Chromebooks starting this year, so Iíve been using Google tools for several years. Iím still a die-hard Microsoft fan for all my personal work.

Took me about 2:45 to take first test. I finished level 2 in about 2 hours, and I was surprised. Passed both first try.

DH has a computer science degree, teaches computers, and is the building tech guy. He failed his Google test. Every time I ask him a question, he tells me he isnít certified.

Ima Teacher is online now   Reply With Quote

ccsteacher001

Old 08-09-2019, 05:10 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I did level 1 and passed. Planning to do level 2 at some point. I did it for the badge. I try to take advantage of anything that can help me level up and be marketable for if/when I step out of the classroom. In the meantime, it is useful in the classroom - obviously. I think it's a great way to train and learn more to use with your students. Once you've done training and learned it, you might as well become certified. That's my philosophy anyhow.
ccsteacher001 is offline   Reply With Quote

owl98

Old 08-09-2019, 07:35 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Just took the level 1 test. It was WAY more difficult than I thought it would be- but I did pass. They donít tell you what you missed. I knew most of the stuff on it already, though. It took about 2 and a half hours. As far as it being beneficial- eh... I think most of that stuff you could just look up as needed. I can see how someone would want to do it to be more marketable or become a trainer, though.
owl98 is offline   Reply With Quote

readerleader

Old 08-09-2019, 08:31 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I am not certified because my position doesn't really warrant it, but my district is pushing it big time. The training is done over the summer and the district pays for it. Many teachers at my school have done the training. They basically do it because they are given a cart of chromebooks for their classroom, as well as a smart board. Whether it is beneficial, only time will tell. So far, I haven't seen anything amazing going on that they couldn't already do with their projector and computer.
readerleader is offline   Reply With Quote

bGracie

Old 08-09-2019, 10:16 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

Like another poster, I like having the badge. I feel like I learned a lot. I could have learned most of it on my own by just looking things up online, but I was required by my school to take the test, so I was motivated to learn what I could because I would hate to fail a test.
bGracie is online now   Reply With Quote