Substitute Teachers

getting into my business

>

Lumberman

Lumberman

getting into my business
Old 01-13-2018, 05:46 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

If there's one thing that grinds my gears, its people that wanna meddle with my affairs. Yesterday, I had a student asked, "Well, why do we need to use your pass? Mr. Normal Teacher doesn't let us use our pass" and I feel like, I should've given my reason... I don't know if you know about old age but it's for me not for the kid.

And then it opens into a can of worms and then it becomes a class discussion and we're off task! Nothing that those things happened because I just said it's a non-negotiable.

On a different note, I'm just glad that the regular teacher gave a fair warning but I had a feel that he didn't get to write what he really wanted as part of the plan. It's okay because the morning went well without that part of the usual.

subasaurus

Sadly...
Old 01-15-2018, 01:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

It feels like a lot students these days aren't taught to respect subs, or adults in general for that matter.

Many are coddled and told they can do as they please with no consequences.

Therefore, they get to call the shots, and take advantage of this fact.

I call it "inmate running the asylum effect," or "junior teacher disorder."

Grinds my gears too. Students should not be allowed to micromanage!

I'm here in the room to enforce order and fairness for all. A student not liking a pass system or how I do attendance is the least of my concerns.

I follow the rules of administrators and teachers I'm subbing for, and that's it!

Student opinion on my style of classroom management is ignored, unless they're being helpful and trying to assist with important matters, like safety or protocol for classwork.

They are not administrators or junior teachers, despite what they believe.

Last edited by subasaurus; 01-15-2018 at 02:09 PM..
subasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote