Help

TEACHERS' LOUNGE ARCHIVE

Used Truck Help Needed

>

wildflowerz

Used Truck Help Needed
Old 12-16-2012, 07:59 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Dh and I are looking for a used truck to pull our rv. We are looking at Ford F150, Dodge Rams, and Toyota Tundras. I'm a Honda girl and have never driven anything else so I am WAY outside of my comfort and knowledge zone. Does anyone have a truck they love?

Alicia G

Old 12-16-2012, 08:06 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

About a year ago we bought an old Ford 150. I don't know the year but it had 160,000 miles when we bought it. It runs fine and is sort of fun to drive. The only issue I have is parking it in certain lots that are tight. My teens like to drive it too.

kahluablast

Old 12-16-2012, 08:09 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

We have an 01 Ford Excursion that we use. It is diesel and (knock on wood) have never had a problem with it. It is comfortable to ride in and we can carry a lot of stuff inside, including people. Gets about 18 miles a gallon which isn't wonderful, but isn't bad for such a big vehicle.

Ima Teacher

Old 12-16-2012, 01:06 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

The F-150 gets better gas mileage than the Ram. Everyone I know who has the Ram says it doesn't get very good mileage, even lower than it's supposed to get.

I have a 2008 F-150 that I love. I was always a sportier car girl, having had two coupes in my driving career. My dad was a truck guy. I think he had 5 F-150 trucks. He bought his last one in September of 2008, and he found out he had terminal cancer a week later. He told me that he wanted me to take his truck since Mom didn't drive then and I'd need to help her out.

I had NO idea I'd love a truck so much. I get 17 miles per gallon in the city, and I got 18.5 on a road trip this summer. Mine is a STX 4X4 V8. At first I thought that the truck was huge, and I didn't think I'd like it. Now I don't think I could go back to a car.