Substitute Teachers

dropping that assignment

>

Lumberman

Lumberman

dropping that assignment
Old 10-10-2018, 01:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

This goes out to all the subs, myself included. Please, please make sure that if you're planning to drop a job, do so in a timely manner! I know that if you're using Aesop, once you dropped a job within an hour, or an hour and a half, before it starts, it's not going to let you accept anymore assignments for the day. At least that's the way they got it set up in our system.

I had to pick up a job on the minute of and I couldn't say no to the secretary. I would normally reject or ignore for late assignments but I couldn't say "no" to someone live. I'm just glad that traffic was tapering and was able to get there safely.

mrsd5

Yep!
Old 10-10-2018, 04:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Although in my case, the sub messaged me that she was going to cancel the job (small district and few subs) and did I want it? Her son woke up really sick. Instead of dropping it, she called the secretary and the secretary contacted me to make sure I really was available. So that was nice. Because of a family emergency, I had to cancel a couple of weeks ago. I contacted the teacher first, to warn him. Luckily, somebody picked up the job. Like I said, few subs. My district just began not allowing subs to pick up a different job if they cancel at all. I cancelled nearly a week before the job, and was blocked from subbing for the district that day. I was going to be out of state for the family emergency, so I didn't mind. It's a mess.
mrsd5 is offline   Reply With Quote

retiredtwice

Old 10-27-2018, 10:17 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I accepted a job this Thursday around 5pm for the next day. It was at a high school in which I'm familiar although not taught. After looking closer at the assignment, it was an assignment for a CTE Teacher. I don't think I'd be qualified for this assignment so I canceled it after about 5 minutes. Aesop blocked all jobs for the rest of the day and I'm accepting of the situation but thought it was just common sense to give up a job if you knew you couldn't follow through.
retiredtwice is offline   Reply With Quote