Help

Substitute Teachers

Job interview and future sub job

>

twin2

Job interview and future sub job
Old 09-19-2018, 04:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I was requested and assigned a six day sub job beginning next Friday. I have a job interview Monday. The position is a position the school just got funding for, so I feel like they will want to fill that teacher position quickly. I am not sure what kind of orientation they do for teachers hired after the start of school.

I want to wait for a job offer before mentioning the sub assignment. I could certainly fulfill that obligation and work the sub job if admin would approve. Then again the other school could find another sub. Certainly there are experienced subs that would be happy to take a six day assignment so near to the beginning of the school year. I don't know how many positions will actually be filled at the same time, so it could be they want people to start together and do just one orientation. Would it be wrong for me to ask the other school to find another sub days before the sub dates? My husband says I should give them a heads up now since I know I will be interviewed. I don't want to say anything in case I don't get the job. We could use the money from the sub job, especially this early in the school year when sub jobs are hard to get daily. The schools are in the same school district. What do you think?

twin2 is offline   Reply With Quote

YayaSub

Old 09-20-2018, 11:04 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I wouldn't mention anything yet. There are a lot of "ifs" in the situation. First, you need to get the job offer. Then you will find out when they plan to start you. It sounds like your previous commitment would fall within a standard two weeks' notice if you were working a regular job. If you are started with a few others, they are hopefully allowing them time to give adequate notice at their current jobs.

Not until it came right down to it would I worry about it. If it does turn out that you have a schedule conflict, that would be the time to make a change to your plans.

Good luck!
YayaSub is offline   Reply With Quote

mooba1

Old 09-20-2018, 02:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Oh, definitely keep the sub job under your hat. As Yaya said, why bring it up when you donít even know if itíll be an issue? Certainly the other school will recognize this is the real world, and people have to work to keep a roof over their head. If they offer you a job, theyíll work out the details with you.

Now, go rock that interview on Monday!
mooba1 is online now   Reply With Quote

twin2

Old 09-20-2018, 03:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Thanks. I am thinking too much. The teacher is going on her honeymoon so I really can't cancel on her. It does fall within giving a two week notice, so he t should be okay.
twin2 is offline   Reply With Quote