Substitute Teachers

When You're Banned

>

Subtimenow

Subtimenow

When You're Banned
Old 10-09-2018, 03:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Every time I capture a job from a certain school, I get a message later stating that I have been removed from the job.

Do schools ban you without even telling you? Or do teachers just find someone else to cover the assignment if they don't want you for the job?

subasaurus

Many possibilities
Old 10-10-2018, 12:37 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

It is my understanding that if you're "banned" you won't even see the job posted.

I've been banned from a district (for petty reasons) and don't even see jobs for their school anymore on Aesop.

Your situation might be just flaky teachers cancelling and choosing their favorites at the last minute. Or teachers are having their trainings cancelled.

Worst case scenario is that some teachers don't want you in their class. If that's the case, certainly don't waste your time at that school.

I don't think you're banned from the district. If you want to find out call your sub agency.
subasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote

SubMan

Old 10-10-2018, 07:30 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

If you're banned you wouldn't even see the jobs. And, yes schools will ban you without telling you or giving you the reason why.

I had the "you have been removed..." happen frequently at one school that I had never been to so I called the principal. He told me it was because "teacher's don't know you" and wanted someone they knew in their classroom. It finally took a parapro who I worked with at another school to spread the word about me before I started to get jobs that stuck at this school. She had transferred to that school.

At another school in the same district I only have half days stick. Any full day that I pick up I get the dreaded "You have been removed..." message from Aesop. I refer to this school as the school where I'm only good enough for half days. Requests for information as to why this has happened has only met with silence, so I avoid taking jobs at this school.

Meanwhile at their other elementary and middle schools I have no problems getting and keeping jobs. This district does have retired teachers as well as guest (emergency certified) substitutes.
SubMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tapdancesub

Old 10-10-2018, 08:54 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

The teacher likely had someone they preferred. What I don't understand in this day and age of Aesop, SmartFind etc is why they just don't assign the job to the person they want. It is really quite simple.
Tapdancesub is offline   Reply With Quote

SubMan

Old 10-11-2018, 07:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

There is a feature in Aesop called “save and assign” that is designed to allow teachers to create an absence, save it, contact a sub, and assign it to a sub.

SubMan is offline   Reply With Quote

OneGreatSub

Whoever thought up the message saying
Old 10-18-2018, 07:21 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

"You have been removed from this assignment....Your services are no longer required" is one mean, rude SOB. I hate that. I get that things change and assignments are cancelled. Why not a more neutral apologetic message along the lines of "Unfortunately, this assignment has been cancelled. We appreciate your understanding." Subs are treated like dirt in so many ways. That stupid message just adds insult to injury.
OneGreatSub is offline   Reply With Quote

Taterville

Old 10-18-2018, 05:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Has anyone noticed more jobs online, but when you call the sub generator they list half of them?
Taterville is offline   Reply With Quote

Sirsubalot

Old 11-01-2018, 06:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

When seeking jobs via phone, the automated system will offer a maximim of five jobs, regardless of how many are listed on your PC.

On schools that use subfinder express, you can check your "location" list.

If a school is not on your list, you will not be called.

Before my lowest paying district gave us a $30 pay raise last year, I did not worry that this district offered so few jobs since the two higher paying ones kept me busy. When they gave us this raise, I became more interested, and noticed only four of the 17 schools were on my location list. I thought " What the #^&^%".

It turned out this was an oversight, except for three schools, two of which I had not worked at for 15 years.
For some reason, these three schools are not on my location list, and the sub tech is not at liberty to tell me why. I had only great experiences at all these schools.
She told me to e-mail the principals to request reinstatement.
I e- mailed one of them and got no response.

None of these principals know me, so of course they would not respond.
Sirsubalot is offline   Reply With Quote