Help

Educational Technology

TV in the classroom

>

superc

TV in the classroom
Old 12-10-2015, 02:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Was just curious if anyone has swapped out their smartboard and projector for a TV. Has anyone done this? Is anyone wanting to? Does anyone see a benefit to having a tv nowadays rather than a projector and smartboard? Cost of a TV for a new classroom is a lot less than a smartboard and projector. Especially with the cost of bulbs for the projectors. With smart tv's, they're wifi connected and can display from your computer.

What other things would you do with a TV in your classroom? Would you do anything differently than you would with our usual displays? Thanks for any input!

superc is offline   Reply With Quote

Jenny

Old 12-14-2015, 02:23 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

We are swapping ours for tvs when they die. Mostly because of cost. Ongoing maintenance on projectors is also a factor. Mine needs another deep clean, but there is none of that with a tv. I don't like the size of some of our TVs though, they seriously need to be a decent size to make it worthwhile. I have an Apple TV connected to my activboard, so I kind of have the best of both worlds. A large interactive screen with AirPlay from any device in my room.
Jenny is offline   Reply With Quote