Help

Art Teachers

Uploading Digital for portfolio

>

Kramdawg

Uploading Digital for portfolio
Old 08-24-2015, 02:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Okay so here's the deal. I absolutely hate taking home 150 pieces of artwork to look at/review when students are finished. So I want my students to upload digital photos of their artwork, but how? We are a 1:1 chromebook/Google school so students have their own laptop and we turn in all assignments through Google classroom. This is my first year in this district and I'm having a little trouble with how to pull this off. In my previous district I used artsonia to accomplish this but my current district wants everything done through Google classroom. So I've been having students sign in and out on my iPad to take photos, upload to their Account, then post within the assignment. If you have any experience with using Google classroom then you know this can take quite a bit of time. So does anyone have any suggestions on how I can quickly have students get their artwork photographed and uploaded without it taking too long? Here's a list of equipment I currently have: Elmo document camera, 2 iMacs, 1 iPad, 1 dell laptop, 1 MacBook and students have their own chromebook. Please any help would greatly appreciate!

Kramdawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Sariana

Old 08-24-2015, 02:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Why can't they just use the webcam on the CB?

If you want something more formal, have them upload it into a Google Drawing or Google Slide. Just choose "Insert image" and then select the webcam as the source.
Sariana is offline   Reply With Quote

Kramdawg

Chromebooks
Old 08-25-2015, 12:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Well the quality of the photos aren't great. They tend to be grainy. I guess I sacrifice quality of photo for not having to take the artwork home eh
Kramdawg is offline   Reply With Quote