Help

Substitute Teachers

Am I just really weird or...

>

Vlad

Am I just really weird or...
Old 07-17-2013, 03:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am into the 3rd week of my summer vacation, and have about 5-6 more to go before school starts again on September 4th.

I miss my students and am really looking forward to going back to work. I had such an awesome year last year, and got a lot of work and was able to bond and form great relationships with so many of the kids. Summer is not going bad, lol I am not complaining, but it's not halfway over yet and I am already looking forward to seeing my kids! I'll have to save up some money for next summer so my wife and I can do some traveling or something really exciting. Relaxing and getting EI isn't bad, and I am able to volunteer a bit at my church and spend time with my parents and friends as well as make suppers for my wife who doesn't get any time off from work this summer.

But yeah, I am so looking forward to subbing again next year. Kind of sad I guess lol.

Hope everyone is having a good summer. All the best in September (or August, I hear in the US some schools start in August?)

Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote

mooba1

Old 07-18-2013, 07:42 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I may be in the minority along with you, but I'm ready to get going again. Even before I retired, I was always ready to go back to work by mid-July. I get bored!

Like you, I'm enjoying summer---don't get me wrong. It's just that the days get a little long sometimes, and I wish I were working with kids. You do develop bonds with a lot of them, and I can't wait to see some of "my" kids when school starts.

Here in my district (North Texas), school begins on August 26th.
mooba1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Super Sub

I'm ready to go back too!
Old 07-18-2013, 08:17 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

For the month of June I was bored out of my mind! I miss my teacher friends. July comes and I've started walking to kill time and lose weight. We've got another 4 weeks to go before school starts. I'm sure it will take longer until the jobs start coming. Summer is also hard without my paycheck. We don't really live on it but it sure helps a lot. I'm ready to have somewhere to go every day and some money back in my pocket.
Super Sub is offline   Reply With Quote

Vlad

Thanks so much, Supersub and Mooba!
Old 07-18-2013, 09:18 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Glad to know I'm not the only one feeling this way. I taught only for 2 years, and didn't have a very good experience. I've now been subbing for 3, and it I absolutely love it. Summer is good and all, but I can't wait to get back into my work.

Dakotabooks

Old 07-18-2013, 11:31 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

We start August 20! I'd rather start after Labor Day and so would a majority of the people, but the people in charge don't seem to care. We get out with a week of May still left usually. It would make sense too since our state is busy with harvest then and the weather is still so nice. It's usually somewhat cool and rainy until mid-June anyway.

Dakotabooks is offline   Reply With Quote

Vlad

Old 07-19-2013, 01:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

You guys have summer from the 3rd week of May to to the third week of August? That is one month longer than in Canada. Do the students have a one week spring break and 2 weeks of Christmas/winter holidays?

Hope you are enjoying your summer!