Help

Substitute Teachers

First 2 days of school

>

spedder1

First 2 days of school
Old 08-23-2017, 11:50 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

The long term sub job I was assigned to got filled by an "agency teacher". In other words, no one applied directly through the district, so one was hired through an agency that the district contracts with. I was asked to work the first two days of school to train that teacher and help out the other new self-contained special ed teacher. The first day was extremely stressful. Yesterday was a bit better. The teacher in the classroom I was supposed to sub in didn't have lesson plans or an appropriate schedule. The classroom is my old classroom and I know the curriculum and actually am still able to access it as I have the previous teacher's login information. So, I tweaked his schedule and put together a lesson plan. I got the special ed supervisor's approval to present both before I went in yesterday. I am not sure how today is going. I haven't checked my work email yet. I did send a retweaked schedule to the one teacher. The other asked if I would send her the lesson plan I put together so she could get an idea of how to do one. I do have another format I will share with her. I just need to figure out how to access it (I hate Windows 10). In the meantime, I cannot access the sub system right now. I need to check my work email to see if they got that fixed. I am going to enjoy the rest of my day today and hope they can get me up and running again for subbing. I am thinking of slowing down this year and seeing how my finances do. I may decide this is my last year of subbing.
Kathy

spedder1 is offline   Reply With Quote