Substitute Teachers

Where is the bathroom?

>

musicteach7

musicteach7

Where is the bathroom?
Old 01-26-2010, 04:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I get soooo frustrated when I cannot find the bathroom at a school. Especially when I ask someone and they send me to a locked one or I get bad directions and half to ask multiple times. You think they'd put the adult ones in obvious places!

When you gotta go, you gotta go!

thordau4

I agree!
Old 01-26-2010, 04:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Showing a guest where the bathroom is should be basic! Please!!
thordau4 is offline   Reply With Quote

RadSub19

agreed!
Old 01-26-2010, 04:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

at one high school I used to sub at...they'd lock the upstairs bathrooms because the students were destroying them. So when you subbed upstairs you had to walk down the hall....down the stairs...down another hall to get to TWO bathrooms (meaning a closet sized bathroom with ONE toilet in each bathroom) They were always occupied. If they were occupied you had to walk all the way down to the vo-tech area of the school which was another 3 minute walk! By the time I found the bathroom on my prep...prep was over!
RadSub19 is offline   Reply With Quote

yoohoo

Old 01-26-2010, 04:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

rad---too funny!!! I don't mean to take it like that but the fact that you have to literally go to the other side of the world for a break!! YEESH!!!! I sometimes wish the HS classrooms each had a bathroom in the room like in some elementary schools (within easy range...)
yoohoo is offline   Reply With Quote

COSub

Old 01-27-2010, 06:38 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

In one LARGE high school I sub for the faculty bathroom is hidden behind the words Custodial on the door. Not a bad place just hidden and, of course, takes a key!

At a charter JHigh I've been subbing in ALL year, I thought I could never get into the faculty restroom because it has 2 large locks on it and most times I never get a key because classrooms are always unlocked. I had been using the girls restroom. By the end of the day...no towels, floor is covered etc. Finally I asked can I get a key for the teacher restroom..."Oh we never lock that....just push the door in". I should have asked sooner!

COSub is offline   Reply With Quote

lovetosub

I've resorted to using the student
Old 01-27-2010, 02:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

bathrooms when I can't locate faculty bathrooms. It's absolutely ridiculous at one HS where the faculty ones are locked. So during my 3 minute break between classes when I've already been holding it for 50 minutes (give or take), now I have to dash to the English/Science/whatever faculty room, get the key from the secretary (if she's there), use the potty, return the key and then get back to class in time. I don't think so.

On each floor plan of the schools in which I work, I have the bathrooms highlighted. AND it's almost always the first question I ask at a new school, "Um, excuse me, could you tell me where the faculty lavatories are on this floor?"
lovetosub is offline   Reply With Quote
musicteach7

musicteach7

I found it!
Old 01-28-2010, 03:39 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I was at a school today and I finally found the bathroom! I felt like I struck gold. It was in the oddest place and someone had to actually take me there because it was so weird. Relief!