Clip to ScrapBook #1

Anyone sub for PrecisionHR?

What are they like to work for?

Thanks

SubMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Subtastic

Old 08-03-2017, 05:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Never heard of them. It seems they know as much about teaching as all these other agencies that have cropped up in recent years. I'm very much opposed to all this outsourcing because it deprives substitute teachers of pension benefits and often the daily rate is lower than what the district used to offer. SFT did that in Philadelphia, and the subtitutes fled in droves.
Subtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Guest8675309

Guest8675309

Not too great
Old 08-06-2017, 05:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Our district went to them four years ago. Prior to that, I received a state pension. They dropped our pensions and added building subs, but the building subs received the same pay as everyone else, they just lost their flexibility. For instance, if you don't like teaching freshman, there was no way to avoid it. Also, if the high school did not have an opening, you could be sent to any of the other schools in the district. I'm not great with little kids, so I'd be uncomfortable covering kindergarten. They know absolutely zero about teaching, they are only there to staff. We lost about 40% of our subs that first year, and some of the new ones that came in were awful. They also weren't great about personal privacy, when I went in to sign up for the first year, the identification and social security numbers of the 5 people that had appointments prior to mine were written in plain view on a yellow legal pad. I did call them on it.

The best thing was the weekly pay. I have to admit that was great. Also, I had been at the school for 6 years at that point, so everyone pretty much knew me and trusted me, so I didn't have people just wandering in my class, overall, it did not affect me all that much. The big issue was the loss of pension.

SubMan

Old 08-14-2017, 10:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I told them that I wasn't interested, the guy I spoke to on the phone was eating and a poor representive of his employer. "Wut I'm gonna do is send you out a packet, yous fill it out Ana send it back to me."

Interesting,y I got another call from someone else in the company offering me a year long sub position with a charter school. I decided not to call them back.
SubMan is offline   Reply With Quote