Help

Teacher Authors & Bloggers

TPT question for sellers

>

mom23kids

TPT question for sellers
Old 02-18-2014, 12:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I'm thinking of selling all my very hard work that I do every week making math slides to go with my gomath curriculum. I don't see the answer to my question. Where do I find what I'm allowed to post and what I cant? For example, can I post a page from a gomath textbook or an image from google images? And I see at the end you give credits...is that pre written...when starting out, does TPT guide you thru each step? I don't want to get arrested!

mom23kids is online now   Reply With Quote

MrsCroak

Old 02-18-2014, 04:27 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Any image or copied page from your curriculum is a copyright infringement if you do not have a commercial license to use them in your materials. Many clip art products have a commercial license available, but just make sure you read the fine print. Even if you download a fancy font, you need to be aware of the commercial use limits.

There is so much more. But, the best place for you to look is on the sellers forum on TpT. Create a seller's account (it's free) and then on the bar near the top click on "My TpT" and under "communicate" you can find the seller forum and post or read almost anything under the sun.
MrsCroak is offline   Reply With Quote

LuvMickeyMous

TpT
Old 02-18-2014, 09:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Mrs. Croak gave great advise. There is so much to learn about copyright. I would suggest reading the copyright board on the TpT sellers' forum. Lots of great info. Good luck!
LuvMickeyMous is offline   Reply With Quote

MiddlingAZ

Old 02-20-2014, 12:08 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Mrs. Croak and LuvMickeyMous gave excellent responses!! In addition, on the TpT homepage you can simply search gomath (as a buyer, as if you were searching for materials). I got a lot of results and that might give you an idea of the types of materials sellers are offering. However, there are posts of the Forum complaining about sellers offering items that violate copyright. TpT does not 'police' offerings. These sellers often receive 'cease and desist' letters from publishers' lawyers. So keep in mind that you might see an item for sale that actually violates copyright. You are correct that you don't want to go there! So beware as you are browsing what's currently available.

I would say Google Images are not free for commercial use. For images and clipart, your best source is to buy from TpT sellers that are specifically for other sellers to use; many have freebies! The package you purchase will include a seller's Terms of Use, specifying how to give credit. They usually provide you with a statement to copy/paste. Sometimes they don't or say credit is appreciated but not required. In that case, I write:
Thanks to (seller name, such as Mad Clips Factory) and then copy/paste the url of their Store (from their Store home page).

Find a freebie(s) to download and I'm sure you will see Credits.

Good luck!
MiddlingAZ is offline   Reply With Quote