Help

Teacher Authors & Bloggers

TPT question

>

mom23kids

TPT question
Old 06-06-2014, 08:24 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I spent a ton of hours creating slides for each Go Math lesson in every single unit for the smartboard. I was thinking of maybe trying to sell them on TPT. Am I allowed to have a page that I copied from the text on the slides? I did search TPt for others that did something similar and they had parts of the pages from the text on their slides? What do you think??

mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote

Teacherbee_4

Emai
Old 06-06-2014, 08:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Whenever I have had a question related to TPT I have e-mailed them and they have always been relatively quick at responding. That might help you get the best and most accurate answer.
Teacherbee_4 is offline   Reply With Quote

driventoteach

Old 06-06-2014, 09:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I didn't know you were allowed to do that.
driventoteach is offline   Reply With Quote

MiddlingAZ

Old 06-07-2014, 11:46 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Just because someone else on TpT is doing it not mean it is a copyright violation. TpT does not police copyright violations. They have explained that the job is too big and as a corporation, they themselves are exempt for whatever reason if a seller is in violation. They do post a lot of tips and advice on avoiding it; there is an entire Forum on the topic. I think some sellers do so out of innocence and others may simply take a chance and hope they never get that Cease and Desist letter from a company's lawyer. From what I have read here and there, some companies are much more aggressive than others. Also, that if you do get a letter it is simply a matter of take down your product off the board because it is a huge topic, from using the term "Foldable" as a noun in a title (a no-no--use it only as an adjective) to using the title of a strategy, etc. I have recently learned that sellers are now including a disclaimer statement if they use the term 'CCSS-aligned' or anything along those lines.

My initial reaction is that copying a page from a textbook would not be allowed. The textbook is copyrighted, correct?
MiddlingAZ is offline   Reply With Quote