Canadian Teachers

Strike in BC

>

GreenBunny

Strike in BC
Old 09-12-2014, 09:47 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello Canadian Teachers,
I'm sure you're all aware that teachers in BC are on strike and have been on a full walk out since June. I know I posted a while ago thanking the Ontario teachers for the generous donation to our strike fund. We've now been on strike for 22 days.

I just saw a post on Facebook that says you've donated another $100 000! Thank you!

What I'm wondering is how this is being portrayed in the media in your provinces or even if it IS in the media. Are you seeing anything at all about this? If so, what are you seeing? Is it particularly slanted one way? or is it fairly objective?

I'm toying with writing something to the national newspapers asking about why more people aren't up in arms about how the rights of 550 000 children are being trampled by an intransigent government. I'm not sure that I'm strong enough to withstand the horrible comments that such a letter would be sure to generate.

Thanks in advance,
Patricia (no, my real name is not GreenBunny ;D)

GreenBunny is offline   Reply With Quote

TeachingSarah

BC teachers
Old 09-12-2014, 05:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

The media is just stating the facts. There has been NO teacher bashing at all. It sounds like everyone is rooting for you!

Our province has been out of a contract for over a year, we are really watching what happens in BC.

Keep your spirits!
TeachingSarah is offline   Reply With Quote