Help

Primary Grades (K-2)

Online coursework for credit?

>

mimi3

Online coursework for credit?
Old 06-14-2018, 09:48 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hey fellow teachers! Iím dusting off my old PTeacher login to see if you can help me out. I need 2 more credit hours to renew my teaching license. I was planning on using Loyola Marymountís Ed2go to get credits but I found out they donít offer college credit for them any more .

I just looked into learnerís edge and will use them if I canít find anything else but at $330 itís a bit more than I want to spend.

Anyone know of any online courses that are cheap for college credit? Thank you!

mimi3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Haley23

Old 06-14-2018, 03:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Learner's Edge was by far the cheapest I could find. Everything else was around $300 per credit hour, meaning a single class is actually around $900!

I just finished 21 credits to move up on the salary scale. I'd been wanting to do that for awhile, but couldn't find anything cheap enough to make it worthwhile financially.

The Learner's Edge classes were very easy. They don't even make you cite sources in your answers/writing or use APA style or anything like that, and I quickly learned that I didn't need to put a lot of detail in either. Towards the end I'd figured out the system a little more and did my last 3 classes in 1-2 days each and continued to get 100% on everything. What I'm saying is, you might feel that the time you get back (over a more "traditional" class) is worth the price.

I am interested to see if anyone knows anything even cheaper though! For us they do have to be regionally accredited, so that limits us. I'm considering going from my +40 and would be thrilled if I found something even cheaper.
Haley23 is offline   Reply With Quote

meandmyhouse

Old 06-15-2018, 05:58 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Have you looked into PBS teacherline? I took some courses a few years ago, and enjoyed them. The are not quick, and require a good bit of work, but they were much less expensive.
meandmyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote

donna

Old 06-15-2018, 04:27 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I’ve taken a couple from PDI.
https://www.webteaching.com

I like them because they are cheap and you can work at your own pace. You have a year to complete it!
donna is offline   Reply With Quote