Help

The VENT

More of a whine...

>

eagles23

More of a whine...
Old 07-30-2019, 05:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

This is just loosely education related. My DH had back surgery last week. We attend a church that usually has a meal train plan for people who have been sick/hospitalized/had a death in the family/etc. I knew I would be putting in long hours this week trying to get my room ready (we start Friday), so I had planned to tell them that we were good with meals last week after he came home, but that they would be very much appreciated a night or two this week. They never asked! I saw online today that another member - a woman- had back surgery today and there was already a meal sign-up in place and she is still in the hospital! I get it that usually the woman prepares the meals at home, but DH can't do anything to help with meals this week due to his limits with his back, so a little help would have been appreciated. Ok, whine over. Now off to do laundry and print name labels so I can go to bed and get ready for another long day at school tomorrow.

eagles23 is offline   Reply With Quote

kahluablast

Old 07-30-2019, 06:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I would be picking up chicken from the deli with a few side dishes that could last two nights. Then Chinese food that we can also make last at least 2 nights.

These are the times this is very useful.

Sorry that you didn't get the meal train. My thoughts are that they asked and you declined. They didn't think to ask for later.
kahluablast is online now   Reply With Quote

broomrider

give 'em a chance to help
Old 07-30-2019, 07:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Find out who does the coordination and ask for help this week and through the first week of school when you'll still be overworked and exhausted. That'll also give you some time to attend to your DH's needs when you get home.

I expect the organizers didn't realize you would need it later and you should allow them to help.
It can be a blessing for the givers AND the receivers. Don't prevent blessings all around.

Besides it's a good reminder for "civilians" of how stretched teachers are this time of year. And your husband might get some conversation from a delivery person with some new stories.
broomrider is offline   Reply With Quote