Help

Teacher Authors & Bloggers

TPT Sellers

>

aliryan

TPT Sellers
Old 02-29-2016, 01:29 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi I was wondering about selling items on TPT. I am hoping to make some extra money (in a bit of a financial crisis) and feel like I could make resources similar to things I find on TPT. But based on an Australian curriculum.

I have a few questions if you don't mind.
What programs do you use to create your items?
Do you make much money on TPT? Sorry if this is a rude question but I want to know if it would be worth starting up.
How much time do you spend creating items and keeping up with purchases?

Thank you so much for your feedback.

aliryan is offline   Reply With Quote

donna

Old 02-29-2016, 03:34 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I don't sell items on TPT.
But...I do know that many sellers use PowerPoint to create their items.
You can find tutorials on You Tube about how they do it.

I think the sellers that make money also have a blog which they can feature their products and offer freebies. This brings more traffic to their TPT shop.

I'm sure other posters will be able to offer more.
Good luck with your new adventure!
donna is offline   Reply With Quote

Foundations

Just started in September
Old 02-29-2016, 11:01 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I just opened my store in September. Since then, I've had a baby, so I don't get to work on products as often as I like. Here is my take:

1. Most teachers use PowerPoint to make products. You will also need some kind of way to "secure" and "flatten" images and work, such as Acrobat Pro, or a plug-in that can do the trick. There are You Tube tutorials that can help you get started.

2. My goal is to commit 10-15 hours per week. I haven't quite been able to do that regularly yet, but to me, that is a reasonable goal. I am on maternity leave now, but if I was teaching full-time, a more reasonable goal might be 5-10 hours per week.

3. If you are in a financial pinch right now, it probably wouldn't be best to count on TpT as a way to earn extra income right away. It will take you awhile to learn how to learn about copyright, make the products, make cover pages, create a terms of use page, secure your products, and post them. As you go, you will also want to use some of your earnings to invest in quality clip art or to upgrade to a Premium Seller. It also took me some time before my first product sold. The longer you work at TpT, the more it is going to pay off for you as customers post feedback and you gain followers.

Here is my store: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/S...s-In-Education

Overall, I would recommend TpT if you would enjoy designing products, your aren't afraid of hard work, and you're willing to give your store time to grow. Let me know if you have any other questions! Best wishes!
Foundations is offline   Reply With Quote