Help

Teacher Authors & Bloggers

How Often Do You Blog?

>

Mshope

How Often Do You Blog?
Old 05-22-2016, 06:30 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Over the summers, I blog as much as I can. Sometimes I even "pre-blog" and then publish them in a few days. However, during school, I have zero time and little energy to blog. I've been blogging for years and get very few comments and followers. How do people blog during school? Even on the weekends, I am usually busy grading, updating my school website, and then trying to not think about school.

I know another issue I have is that I blog on too many topics: school, family, cooking, gardening, etc. I would love to have a "just school" blog. However, I have about $85 from Adsense. I don't think you get a check until you reach $100. (This is after like four years of blogging!) I hate to start a new blog when I feel "so close" to getting the check. I am on Blogger, so I think only ONE blog can be linked to adsense.

I just wonder if it is worth it to "split" my blog when I hardly post during the school year. Can I increase my posts throughout the school year by "pre" writing them over the summer? Over the summer, I want to work on my blog as much as possible.

Mshope is offline   Reply With Quote

TheFlyingPen

Old 07-02-2016, 10:58 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

My personal opinion is that it's best to write to one topic to gain a loyal audience. As far as "pre blogging," I think that's an excellent strategy!

Also, I don't know how often you blog, but if you make it once a week, do you think you could maintain that Sept-June?

If you pre-blog, you can always be a month's worth of posts ahead in case you get bogged (or blogged!) down!

-TFP
TheFlyingPen is offline   Reply With Quote

Mshope

One Topic
Old 07-04-2016, 07:38 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thanks for responding The Flying Pen. I guess the problem is that I don't know if I can stick to one topic. Yet that is what makes sense. I am usually completely exhausted in September, like many of us.

Even this summer, I have almost been too busy to blog. I might just keep blogging on and wait until I have enough material to be able to focus on one topic. I think I might have enough about teaching. I will probably have a half-time field student who will then student teach. That might give me some time at school. I need focus!
Mshope is offline   Reply With Quote

PrimaryPlanet

Old 07-12-2016, 10:32 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I try to blog as much as I can over the summer, then schedule them out as far into the school year as I can.
Then, during the school year I try to post once a week, which I schedule on the weekend. I am not always the best at it, but I try!
PrimaryPlanet is offline   Reply With Quote

Flaggerdoot

Pre blogging
Old 01-02-2018, 09:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I love the idea of pre blogging that way on days where you went to post but do not have the energy or time to actually create a new blog post you already have one ready to go and all you have to do is publish it. Once I get some spare time I am definitely going to take this advice and do some pre blogging of my own.

Flaggerdoot is offline   Reply With Quote