Help

Teacher Authors & Bloggers

Creating classroom reproducibles

>

irises

Creating classroom reproducibles
Old 08-09-2016, 03:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

So this may be a dumb question, but how do you design classroom reproducibles and games like those found on TeachersPayTeachers?
Is there special software I would need to purchase to find borders or design flashcards and worksheets? And if it's software, how do I find it? Thanks!

irises is offline   Reply With Quote

smannes

Old 08-09-2016, 04:42 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Many people use PowerPoint to create their stuff. Borders, clip art etc. can be found in many places (TPT, Etsy etc.). If you plan to create and sell on TPT make sure you have permission/selling rights to use the clip art in products to be sold.
smannes is offline   Reply With Quote

teachsph2008

Reproducible flashcards worksheets
Old 08-09-2016, 05:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I'm slowly learning how to do this. I've been using Google products: Docs, Slides, and Drawings. I go to mycutegraphics for borders and other cutesy stuff.

Slides or Power points are good for task cards. Once you have your data entered, choose to print 2 or 4 slides per sheet and you will get a good size for task cards.

There are some good tutorials on Youtube and even some free tutorials on TPT.

My suggestions might not be the best if you plan on selling. I'm making my own stuff because I want to make custom things to fit our curriculum.
teachsph2008 is offline   Reply With Quote

iteachk2010

Old 08-09-2016, 05:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I am just now learning how to make very simple clip art using PPT. I don't know how to make the cute ones like Laura Strickland. You can find her clip art at My Cute Graphics (free) and Whimsy Clips (paid). She is an artist and draws and colors them. I love her clip art. It is adorable-both the ones I got for free and the ones I bought. Her clip art is reasonably priced and good quality.

I am making my clip art in PPT using the insert shapes. I don't know if I have all the right terminology, but here is what I do.
1. I insert different shapes.
2. I use fill color to change the color of the shape or no fill to make it transparent. (Click on Drawing Tools/Format Tab. You'll see Shape Fill on menu bar.)
3. I do the same with outline of the shape. I might change the color of the outline or the thickness of the outline. (Same as above-except Shape Outline on the menu bar.)
4. Sometimes I need to send a shape to the back so I don't see part of the shape or send a shape to the front so I can see a part of the shape that was covered by another shape. (Drawing Tools/Format-Arrange.)
5. I change the orientation and size as needed or change the position of the shapes to make the image I want.
6. At that point it is looks like the image, but it is really layers of the different shapes. So, after I created my image, I right clicked below the image and moved the cursor up over the image so the blue box covers the entire image (selects all the shapes).
7. When I do that, I am able to see all the boxes around each shape.
8. Then I go back to Arrange and select Group Objects-Group. Doing that groups all the shapes together. You should only see one box around the image instead of a box around each shape.
9. While the box is around the image, I right click on the image and select Save as a Picture.
10. I name my image and save it as a jpeg.

Here is my first attempt at making my own clip art. I used different shapes to create a simple dog face.

I am having fun this week figuring it out and making stuff that I want for my classroom and colleagues. It is just basics-nothing fancy. The best part is that I love sharing stuff with other people, but didn't sometimes because I wasn't sure about using someone else's clip art and the terms of use. Some of the stuff you find when you do a search is free, but if you look further into terms of use, you are restricted in how you can use it. I didn't want to use it wrong. If I create my own clip art, I can use it to make things like a PPT and not worry about it.

If you don't want to make your own clip art, you can also buy clip art to use when you make worksheets and games. Check out the different sellers on TPT-just read the terms of use carefully to know how you are allowed to use the clip art-especially if it is commercial use and give proper credit for the clip art you use.

Good luck!
Attached Images

Sign in to view image. Not a member? Sign Up FREE
iteachk2010 is offline   Reply With Quote

irises

Thank you all
Old 08-10-2016, 08:43 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

for taking the time to answer. I would like to make my own things for the classroom...perhaps if I was good, I could consider selling.
Iteachk2010...your dog is amazing! I will have to give it a try.

teachsph2008...I will try to figure out the Google products you mentioned. I'm somewhat familiar with google docs but not slides and drawings. Thank you.

irises is offline   Reply With Quote