Help

Teacher Authors & Bloggers

Iím so frustrated

>

GreyhoundGirl

Iím so frustrated
Old 07-14-2018, 10:08 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Iíve typed this twice and deleted it, so I figure I may as well post it.

Iím super frustrated. I started my TpT store and have been working super har to get products up and havenít sold a thing. I know the months of June and July are dead so Iím really hoping things pick up next month. Just wallowing a bit. Ignore me.

GreyhoundGirl is online now   Reply With Quote

nyteacher29

Im sorry!
Old 07-14-2018, 10:24 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

That does sound frustrating. But I agree with your hypothesis..I am usually on TpT a lot but not these two months. Just think, you will not have to worry about having it set up for September! I bet you start to see more action next month too. Congrats on your store!
nyteacher29 is online now   Reply With Quote

Miss Binney

Old 07-14-2018, 11:47 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I have only bought on TpT so I don't really know how the selling side works. Is it possible to get in the weekly email they send out with free things so you can get some traffic to your store? I know that's how I have found several of my favorite sellers - just randomly clicking on their free product in an email and then exploring the shop. I have no clue how you end up in the email, but that could help if it's a possibility.
Miss Binney is offline   Reply With Quote

Gimet

Old 07-14-2018, 12:27 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

It takes awhile to get noticed on TPT. They say it picks up after you have 50 resources listed. In the beginning your best bet is to make more quality products. You can ask for help on the forums--to have people look at your store and offer suggestions and cheer you on. (There's lots of good information there also.) Best wishes!
Gimet is online now   Reply With Quote

read2day

Old 07-14-2018, 12:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I donít know how much traffic the advertisements board gets here on PT, but you could try posting something there.

read2day is offline   Reply With Quote

Youthcantknow

samples
Old 07-14-2018, 01:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Have you considered adding some free samples of your work? I usually get something free to decide if I like the quality and then I base purchases on that. For example, I might download a free 'Back To School' mini-packet from a seller and then later download (at a cost) the Fall Holidays packet the same seller offers. Or I download the free Fractions 5-page set and later decide that the 25-page Fractions and Measurement set offered is worth buying. Good luck!
Youthcantknow is offline   Reply With Quote

GreyhoundGirl

Old 07-14-2018, 03:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I have 2 or 3 freebies on there.

Tiamat

Old 07-14-2018, 05:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

What's your user name on there? I know we teach the same level, and I'd like to have a look.

And a more general question about TpT. How do you get around the legalities of selling? Anything I create that is remotely connected with my job belongs to the Education Department and we are very sternly warned against TpT and other similar sites. They can come after us legally, and apparently would - and I'm not game enough to test them out.
Tiamat is offline   Reply With Quote

Gimet

Old 07-14-2018, 05:42 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

The legal thing depends on your contract. I waited until I retired to start selling on TPT.
Gimet is online now   Reply With Quote

SDNana

Tpt
Old 07-14-2018, 05:58 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

Do you have an Instagram or Facebook account? Many teachers have used these platforms to get their products out. If you can start following some other TPT sellers on Instagram you can get together and do a little promotion. One of the sellers I follow did a "loop" contest the other day. From her post I went to the next seller, liked and/or followed them, then went to the next post, etc. I didn't win the prize (a gift card) but I found some wonderful new sellers to follow. Good luck with your store.

SDNana is offline   Reply With Quote

cheerio

Old 07-14-2018, 06:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

I was just going to say what SDnana said. Most of the times I end up buying tpt products from things I've seen on Instagram or a teaching blog. I rarely buy something just from say searching " fractions" and then picking a random seller. I have to " know" the seller from Instagram or seen the product recommended by someone else. Good luck!
Can you post your tpt username here so we can check it out? ( not sure if that's allowed ?)
cheerio is offline   Reply With Quote

GreyhoundGirl

Old 07-15-2018, 04:13 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

Sure, it’s Lyons Den Teaching. In terms of legalities, I don’t create anything anything at school

Here’s the link:
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/...s-Den-Teaching

wildflowerz

Old 07-15-2018, 01:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

As well as Facebook and Instagram, do you have a blog? Most of the things Iíve found were from doing a google search for resources that lead me to a blog. Then I go to th blog that links to TPT. The blogs usually show the r source being used. My google searches also take me to Pinterest. Sometimes I start at Pinterest.

It may take time, and a lot of work, to make money. You might need to take a year and
- develop resources to use with your class
- create a blog and show the resources in action
- set up a professional printerest account, not your own personal account.
- pin everything you create
- find a way to have your resources show up in google searches
- follow other TPTers on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook
- Check Facebook to see if there are any private groups for people who create for TPT. Join the group and make connections
-Think out of the box- Once you have TPT followers on Pinterest and Instagram create a private Facebook group for people who create or want to create onTPT. Every week feature an interview with a seller. You could have 4 or 5 questions you ask through email, then post the interview. They might appreciate the advertisement.
- also blog about your experiences with greyhounds, itís another way to get followers who might also be teachers or know teachers. Itís all about networking.

I follow a lot of full-time RVers who make a living just from sharing experiences on social media. They all have blogs, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube channels. They are also very much into affiliate advertising. If they mention a product in the blog it is linked to Amazon. If someone purchases the product from the link, they get a small kickback.

There is a parent in my school who is a barber, sells beard oil on Amazon, and has a YouTube channel. I wish I could be his manager, he has the potential to make A LOT of money but he is doing many things the wrong way.

I know RVing, teaching, and being a barber are completely different worlds. My point is that money can be made when all options are explored and every road is taken.

Enjoy the journey!
wildflowerz is offline   Reply With Quote

wildflowerz

Old 07-15-2018, 01:24 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #14

I just went to your store and pinned all your products. Hope that helps to get your ideas out there.
wildflowerz is offline   Reply With Quote

beachmom68

T pT sales
Old 07-16-2018, 07:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #15

I just started on TpT in March and have 10 products. I just sold my 1st product today. I've also heard to get quality products before starting marketing. I think it just takes time.
beachmom68 is offline   Reply With Quote

TexTeacher

Old 07-24-2018, 11:28 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #16

June and July are completely dead. Don't worry about it. The beginning of the year is great for all those resources teachers want all year.
TexTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Becca4

TpT
Old 08-30-2018, 07:22 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #17

It does take time to get noticed. On my site, I have added some Featured items, and I have a few freebies. If you have a PREVIEW for the product, make sure it is watermarked with "SAMPLE" or something because people can download that. It it's not marked, then they just took part of your product without paying for it! I hope this helps some. Give yourself time! It will happen!!

Becca4 is offline   Reply With Quote

*Fairydust*

tpt products
Old 07-17-2019, 06:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #18

Hi there,

I just went to Lyons Den on TPT. It looks like your products have some ratings. This means they've bought the products right? Congratulations on your creations. You have some useful looking items!
*Fairydust* is offline   Reply With Quote

Candiqueen

Old 08-01-2019, 11:59 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #19

We were told that even if we make something outside of school time the copyright goes to the district. We need to bargain to change that! Be sure to check that out in your district in order to protect your resources!
Candiqueen is offline   Reply With Quote